Preparing your trip to Kaluga: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. In Kaluga, Tarusa embroidery is widespread - the old artistic craft of this region. As a souvenir, it is worth buying some product with such embroidery. It is performed only on natural fabrics, or rather, on cotton and flax.
2. Tula gingerbread cookies are widely known, but Kaluga's taste qualities are in no way inferior to the famous Tula’s. Fragrant gingerbread can be bought literally in any city supermarket, and in specialized stores buyers are offered incredibly beautiful gift sets of gingerbread.
3. Fans of foamy drink should definitely try the local "Fischer" beer. The first brewery here was founded in 1875, by the family of Fisher. In honor of them, this tasty brand of beer was named, which still remains one of the most popular drinks among the townspeople.
4. The central area of the city is best explored on foot; there are excellent conditions for pedestrians. Fans of bike rides will also like to relax in the city; bicycle transport in Kaluga is becoming more common.
6. There are always a lot of guests in Kaluga, and therefore it is better to purchase tickets for recreational activities and excursions in advance. Very popular among locals and guests of the city is theater premieres. Tickets to the theater are best bought a few days before the performance.
7. Economical tourists when choosing a hotel and booking a room is better to do so in advance, because there are not so many cheap hotels in Kaluga. The city is a popular tourist center; so many standard hotels offer tourists rooms at fairly high prices.
In Kaluga, there are a lot of attractions, whose age is more than two hundred years. A significant part of the excursion program is made up of ancient religious buildings; one of the oldest … Open
Preparing your trip to Kaluga: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Kaluga and surroundings
Photos of Kaluga
Travelling to Kaluga - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Kaluga. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.