Preparing your trip to Moscow: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists are advised to determine a range of landmarks and sights for visiting just before the trip. Each tourist information center offers great many of excursions and tours being a real challenge even for an expert traveler.
2. Tourists visiting Moscow for the first time should better choose guided tours. The most favorable areas for evening recreation and hiking are the central part of the city being rather crowded even late at night meanwhile visiting of remote city areas should better be avoided.
3. Tourists should be cautious and attentive in the places of public interest as these are the areas of increased risk of turning to a pickpocket victim. One should not leave bags and overcoats off hand in any case. Setting off to city touring or just hiking one should take only necessary things keeping valuables in a safe of a hotel room.
4. The city features a perfect system of cashless transfers. International credit cards are accepted in all scale shopping centers and restaurants. Cash will be in use only at the open markets and shops located far from the city center.
6. The city is convenient to cruise by underground as it helps the visitors to easily reach any part of the city. The electric train network joins the city and its suburbs. The trains depart from railway stations in short intervals several times per hour. All the means of public transportation are available in the city. However during the day the traffic on the roads is rather challenging.
7. Car rent is reasonable only for those tourists looking to visiting suburban areas of the city rather frequently. The city roads are relatively free only during early morning hours or late at night.
Your active city break in Moscow. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Moscow features as many entertaining centers as landmarks and sights. Open air leisure and recreation enthusiasts will love local parks and gardens. The Tsaritsyno museum and reserve is of … Open
Preparing your trip to Moscow: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Moscow - unique sights
Kremlin and Red SquareFrom the series “Top 15 UNESCO sites in Russia”
Check on the map: Distance from Moscow center - 0 km.The Kremlin is the oldest historical part of Moscow. Many elements of the building have survived to our days in an unchanged form. Today, in the territory of the ancient fortress there are a number of outstanding sights, including the Assumption and Annunciation Cathedrals, the Grand Kremlin Palace itself and the Granite Chamber. In the Kremlin there are two unique Russian monuments - the Tsar Cannon and the Tsar Bell. The Kremlin is a current residence of the President of the Russian Federation, which allows us to consider it the largest surviving current fortress in Europe. … Read further
Monument to Peter IFrom the series “The most grandiose statues and monuments”
Check on the map: Distance from Moscow center - 1 km.The monument was not only incredibly amazing and impressive, but also quite large. Its height is 98 meters. The construction is unique from the technical point of view. Initially, the monument got a complex framing of stainless steel. Subsequently, it was faced with bronze plates. The detailed embodiment of the ship's layout strikes with its majesty. Gold was used to decorate the monument too. It was added to the scroll that Peter the Great holds and to the crosses on the St. Andrew's flag ship. … Read further
Bulgakov House-MuseumFrom the series “Houses of famous people and stars currently open to tourists”
Check on the map: Distance from Moscow center - 2 km.At the disposal of the visitors of the original museum are eight rooms, in four of which the personal belongings of the writer are presented. The old furniture, the preserved manuscripts and photographs, the furnishings from the first half of the 20th century and the workplace of the writer - the museum staff strive to preserve the original design in the rooms. Four other rooms of the former communal apartment are used for temporary exhibitions. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Moscow and surroundings
Photos of Moscow
Travelling to Moscow - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Moscow. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.