Preparing your trip to Moscow: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists are advised to determine a range of landmarks and sights for visiting just before the trip. Each tourist information center offers great many of excursions and tours being a real challenge even for an expert traveler.
2. Tourists visiting Moscow for the first time should better choose guided tours. The most favorable areas for evening recreation and hiking are the central part of the city being rather crowded even late at night meanwhile visiting of remote city areas should better be avoided.
3. Tourists should be cautious and attentive in the places of public interest as these are the areas of increased risk of turning to a pickpocket victim. One should not leave bags and overcoats off hand in any case. Setting off to city touring or just hiking one should take only necessary things keeping valuables in a safe of a hotel room.
4. The city features a perfect system of cashless transfers. International credit cards are accepted in all scale shopping centers and restaurants. Cash will be in use only at the open markets and shops located far from the city center.
6. The city is convenient to cruise by underground as it helps the visitors to easily reach any part of the city. The electric train network joins the city and its suburbs. The trains depart from railway stations in short intervals several times per hour. All the means of public transportation are available in the city. However during the day the traffic on the roads is rather challenging.
7. Car rent is reasonable only for those tourists looking to visiting suburban areas of the city rather frequently. The city roads are relatively free only during early morning hours or late at night.
Your active city break in Moscow. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Moscow features as many entertaining centers as landmarks and sights. Open air leisure and recreation enthusiasts will love local parks and gardens. The Tsaritsyno museum and reserve is of … Open
Preparing your trip to Moscow: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Moscow - unique sights
Kremlin and Red SquareFrom the series “Top 15 Unesco Sites in Russia”
Check on the map: Distance from Moscow center - 0.1 km.The Red Square is worth separate mentioning. It is the main square of the capital and is a witness of a number of important historical events. The area strikes its scale, its length is 330 meters, and the width is 75 meters, respectively. Around the square there are many important sights, including the Lenin Mausoleum, the Historical Museum and the Kazan Cathedral. For many years, the Red Square has been the venue for important social events, for more than 20 years it has regularly held grandiose concerts, and since 2006 every winter the largest ice rink in the country has been poured into the square. … Read further
St Basil CathedralFrom the series “The Most Astonishing Orthodox Churches”
Check on the map: Distance from Moscow center - 0.5 km.In 1561 this cathedral was the highest 65 meters peak of Moscow. Now there has placed a Historical museum that is visited by numerous tourists. Nevertheless that at the beginning of the 19th century the church was sacked by French soldiers, some original elements of the precious decoration were saved. There you can see a gorgeous iconostasis, gilded elements and renewed old frescos. The main decoration of the cathedral rooms is the wall oil paintings that were made during the reconstruction of the 19th century. … Read further
Cathedral of Christ the SaviorFrom the series “The Most Iconic Temples in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Moscow center - 1.1 km.The cathedral building is also a branch of the Moscow Historical Museum, so visitors have a chance to see a lot of interesting historical artifacts. Since opening, the main Orthodox relics, including the belt of the Mother of God, the gift of wise men and the cross Andreas exhibited in the main cathedral. Each time such events attract the pilgrims not only from all over the country, but also from many other Christian states. One can visit the beautiful cathedral also on the ordinary day. Each element of the cathedral furnishings is a true work of art and reminds visitors of the splendid traditions of the once majestic Byzantium. … Read further
Photos of Moscow
Travelling to Moscow - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Moscow. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.