Preparing your trip to Moscow: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists are advised to determine a range of landmarks and sights for visiting just before the trip. Each tourist information center offers great many of excursions and tours being a real challenge even for an expert traveler.
2. Tourists visiting Moscow for the first time should better choose guided tours. The most favorable areas for evening recreation and hiking are the central part of the city being rather crowded even late at night meanwhile visiting of remote city areas should better be avoided.
3. Tourists should be cautious and attentive in the places of public interest as these are the areas of increased risk of turning to a pickpocket victim. One should not leave bags and overcoats off hand in any case. Setting off to city touring or just hiking one should take only necessary things keeping valuables in a safe of a hotel room.
4. The city features a perfect system of cashless transfers. International credit cards are accepted in all scale shopping centers and restaurants. Cash will be in use only at the open markets and shops located far from the city center.
6. The city is convenient to cruise by underground as it helps the visitors to easily reach any part of the city. The electric train network joins the city and its suburbs. The trains depart from railway stations in short intervals several times per hour. All the means of public transportation are available in the city. However during the day the traffic on the roads is rather challenging.
7. Car rent is reasonable only for those tourists looking to visiting suburban areas of the city rather frequently. The city roads are relatively free only during early morning hours or late at night.
Your active city break in Moscow. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Moscow features as many entertaining centers as landmarks and sights. Open air leisure and recreation enthusiasts will love local parks and gardens. The Tsaritsyno museum and reserve is of … Open
Preparing your trip to Moscow: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Moscow - unique sights
Monument to Peter IFrom the series “The most grandiose statues and monuments”
Check on the map: Distance from Moscow center - 1.6 km.The bulk island that serves as a kind of monument pedestal also has some special features. It has a special fountain system. Fountains create an effect that the ship is sailing and cutting the water. Many disputes and misunderstandings are related to the monument. They began appearing just after construction. According to one version, the majestic monument to Peter I is nothing else, but the rebuilt monument to Christopher Columbus. It was made by Tsereteli for the United States, but the author was not able to sell it. People in the capital treat the sculpture different ways. Some criticize it as cumbersome and alien to Moscow, others admire its grandeur. … Read further
Bulgakov House-MuseumFrom the series “Houses of famous people and stars currently open to tourists”
Check on the map: Distance from Moscow center - 2.2 km.'The Bulgakov House' is also remarkable in that it is the only museum of Russia dedicated to the work of this outstanding writer. Entrance to the museum is free. All interested parties can view their main position free of charge. In one of the rooms is the bronze decoration, which has a secret. The attentive visitors notice that the pointing finger on the right hand of the monument is very wiped. It has to be rubbed for success. The monument helps the creative personalities to find the inspiration. Many visitors to the museum claim that there is a special mystical atmosphere in the museum, which is dominated by Michail Bulgakov's entire work. … Read further
Bridge BagrationFrom the series “Unbelievable and magnificent bridges and viaducts”
Check on the map: Distance from Moscow center - 4.6 km.The author of the project of ultramoderner bridge is the architect BITchora The unique bridge was named in honor of the outstanding Russian army leader. Another attractive attraction of the bridge is the viewing platform at its second level, from which the magnificent panorama opens up on the Moskva River. For the visitors the bridge is open daily from 5-30 morning until 2-00 night. At dawn the galleries are illuminated with the beautiful illumination. When you visit the bridge you have to consider an important rule - the skating rink on the bridge is forbidden. Before this, the signs at the entrance warn, and the guards look at the observance of the rule and the order. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Moscow and surroundings
Photos of Moscow
Travelling to Moscow - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Moscow. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.