Preparing your trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists, who expect to devote much time to skiing, are recommended to visit the resort during the period from December to May. At this time of year all the zones for this kind of sport are open and visitors will surely benefit from the most favorable weather for skiing.
2. The resort is a perfect choice for both professional athletes and novices. They will surely benefit from more than 60 kilometers of plains and gentle slopes. All guests of the resort are welcome to visit the local ski school. There is also a special school for children in the resort.
3. Bus remains the main form of public transport. You can use it to travel to absolutely any part of the city. By the way, you can use it to get to the nearby settlements and suburbs of Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Tourists are not recommended to go far away from their hotels in the evening as buses usually ply less frequently after 24:00 than in the daytime.
4. You will find an effective system of discounts for foreign travelers in Garmisch. Tourists, who pay the city tax during their stay at the resort (the size of the tax is approximately 2 euros a day), will get a special tourist pass. This pass entitles you to a reduced fare in regular buses and a discount for visiting local entertainment centers and activities.
6. Inexperienced athletes will surely fall in love with Wank, which is a perfect area of the resort for beginners. This is the location of various simple routes, many of which are suitable even for children. Experienced skiers are recommended to pay attention to the area of Zugspitze. Snowboarders will find all they need and more in Hausberg.
7. By the way, you can easily get to ski resorts of Austria from Garmisch. Visitors should take into account that the ski pass bought at the resort will be valid in the Tyrol region of Austria.
Family holidays with kids in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. How to entertain your child, things to show to children.
Garmisch-Partenkirchen attracts travelers with its unique natural beauties. Ideal conditions for outdoor recreation are created here. With children, one should definitely visit the open-air … Open
Preparing your trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Garmisch-Partenkirchen - unique sights
Harakiri Ski SlopeFrom the series “Top 13 Furious Ski Resorts and Pistes”
Check on the map: Distance from Garmisch-Partenkirchen center - 68.4 km.Severe shocks, breaks and contortions - so only the most harmless consequences the inexperienced skiers can get after the impetuous and short descent. The world-famous sportsman Tobias Fankhauser was one of the first to take advantage of the 'black' course and to use it for regular training sessions. He held the successful descent to 'Harakiri' piste for the highest sports performance. Today, many coaches are working on the health resort, which prepare athletes and anyone interested in the descent on one of the most difficult ski runs. … Read further
Neuschwanstein CastleFrom the series “The Most Wonderful Castles and Palaces”
Check on the map: Distance from Garmisch-Partenkirchen center - 27 km.Not far from the German town of Füssen is the world-famous Neuschwanstein Castle, the history of which is also incredibly interesting. The wonderfully beautiful castle was constructed from the command of King Ludwig II of Bavaria in the hard-to-reach mountainous region. The construction of the castle began in 1869. This complicated area was chosen for the location of the castle so that the project was realized by the best architects and construction workers in Germany only after twenty years. It was not until 1891 that the castle was finished. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and surroundings
Photos of Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Travelling to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.