Preparing your trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists, who expect to devote much time to skiing, are recommended to visit the resort during the period from December to May. At this time of year all the zones for this kind of sport are open and visitors will surely benefit from the most favorable weather for skiing.
2. The resort is a perfect choice for both professional athletes and novices. They will surely benefit from more than 60 kilometers of plains and gentle slopes. All guests of the resort are welcome to visit the local ski school. There is also a special school for children in the resort.
3. Bus remains the main form of public transport. You can use it to travel to absolutely any part of the city. By the way, you can use it to get to the nearby settlements and suburbs of Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Tourists are not recommended to go far away from their hotels in the evening as buses usually ply less frequently after 24:00 than in the daytime.
4. You will find an effective system of discounts for foreign travelers in Garmisch. Tourists, who pay the city tax during their stay at the resort (the size of the tax is approximately 2 euros a day), will get a special tourist pass. This pass entitles you to a reduced fare in regular buses and a discount for visiting local entertainment centers and activities.
6. Inexperienced athletes will surely fall in love with Wank, which is a perfect area of the resort for beginners. This is the location of various simple routes, many of which are suitable even for children. Experienced skiers are recommended to pay attention to the area of Zugspitze. Snowboarders will find all they need and more in Hausberg.
7. By the way, you can easily get to ski resorts of Austria from Garmisch. Visitors should take into account that the ski pass bought at the resort will be valid in the Tyrol region of Austria.
Family holidays with kids in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. How to entertain your child, things to show to children.
Garmisch-Partenkirchen attracts travelers with its unique natural beauties. Ideal conditions for outdoor recreation are created here. With children, one should definitely visit the open-air … Open
Preparing your trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Garmisch-Partenkirchen - unique sights
AlpspixFrom the series “The World's Highest Observation Decks”
Check on the map: Distance from Garmisch-Partenkirchen center - 7.7 km.In clear weather beautiful views of the Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany, can be admired. Alpspix observation deck is available all year round. Thanks to its unique shape, you can see spectacular scenery, invisible from other places. Despite the fact that the observation deck is very popular among travelers, it has a number of opponents. After its opening, group of climbers, which has chosen this venue for the annual training, said that this massive construction only spoils the perfect mountain landscape. According to them, the only way to enjoy beauty of these places is to conquer one of the mountain peaks. … Read further
Neuschwanstein CastleFrom the series “The Most Wonderful Castles and Palaces”
Check on the map: Distance from Garmisch-Partenkirchen center - 27 km.Neuschwanstein is characterized not only by the wonderful exterior design, but also by the first-class furnishings. The water was laid in the castle; Its huge halls and corridors were heated with warm air. The royal apartments were equipped with telephones, as well as a kind of electrical signaling system, with the help of which he summoned the servants. Situated in the picturesque mountains and surrounded by the lush pine forest, Neuschwanstein is now accessible to the tourists. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and surroundings
Photos of Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Travelling to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.