Preparing your trip to Kitzbuhel: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The city has a developed public transport system. Buses run along the main streets from early morning to late evening. Thrifty travelers are advised to purchase special tickets, the validity of which varies from one day to several weeks.
2. It’s better to call the taxi by phone or take it on a special parking. It is unlikely to flag a taxi on the street. You may leave small cash reward for the taxi driver, but this procedure is not required. Most commonly, the resulting amount by the meter is simply rounded off.
3. To rent a car you have to have an international driver's license and a credit card with the desired amount of deposit on account. Clients under 23 years, as well as those who received the driver’s license under a year ago, may be denied service.
4. Shops are generally open at 8:00 am and work until 6:00 - 7:00 pm. In shopping malls working time may be longer, until 9:00 pm. It's worth noting that alcoholic beverages and tobacco products can only be purchased in specialty stores, conventional supermarkets do not sell them.
6. In the town so-called ‘welcome cards’ are widespread, which can be purchased at any hotel or tourist office. They are entitled to a discount when visiting some museums and cultural events, and guarantee a reduced fare while using public transport.
7. Those, who will travel Kitzbühel for the first time, need the map of the town. It’s possible getting it for free at any tourist office, the largest of which is close to the railway station.
One of the most popular restaurants in the city is Bergsinn, which specializes in Austrian cuisine. The main feature of the place is plenty of meat dishes cooked by chef following special … Open
9. The town and its suburbs have a huge amount of parks and nature reserves. Almost all of them are open to public access, but you should notice that picnic areas are located in special zones of private parks and forests. You can kindle fires and set tents only after verification of all existing rules in the reserve.
Preparing your trip to Kitzbuhel: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Kitzbuhel - unique sights
Harakiri Ski SlopeFrom the series “Top 13 Furious Ski Resorts and Pistes”
Check on the map: Distance from Kitzbuhel center - 50 km.The professionals think that literally every person with a proper level of preparation can overcome this piste. You just have to consider the right skiing technique. Today the special warning signs in different languages are placed on one of the most dangerous slopes in the world. In addition to the ski slopes, the trainers and the doctors are always on duty. It is recommended to ski on the other 'black' ski slopes of the Mayrhoven in front of the 'Harakiri' slope. … Read further
EisriesenweltFrom the series “The Most Mysterious Geological Formations on the Planet”
Check on the map: Distance from Kitzbuhel center - 60.9 km.The discoverer of the cave was Australian naturalist Anton Posselt; he has made this unique discovery in 1879. The cave is open to visit only from early May to late October. Even in summer, visitors have to wear a winter outfit. The cave is equipped with comfortable wooden walkways and platforms from which you can admire the picturesque view over ice sculptures. Before entering the cave visitors are warned that nobody can take pictures inside, but some neat-handed tourists still manage to make some spectacular photos of this amazing place. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Kitzbuhel and surroundings
Photos of Kitzbuhel
Travelling to Kitzbuhel - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Kitzbuhel. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.