Preparing your trip to Innsbruck: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The city and its surroundings are best to travel by public transport. Catching a taxi on the street of the city is extremely problematic, so, if you need one, it’s better to call to order it beforehand. In case you plan to make a long-distance trip, discuss the price in advance.
2. If you plan to rent a car, you will have to present a credit card of any bank. Of course, you will also need a driver's license of international standard. Those, who have got the license less than a year ago, may be rejected to rent a car.
3. The majority of stores and shopping malls are open every day except for Sundays. Many stores close for lunch on daytime.
4. It’s normal to leave a tip in the local restaurants and cafes. The average amount of tip is about 5 - 10% of the total bill. It is worth noting that in many bills tips may already be included. In this case leaving a tip to a waiter is not required.
6. Those, who expect to ski a lot during their rest in Innsbruck, do not have to take sports equipment with them. You will find many sports equipment rentals in the city.
7. Skis and other sports equipment should not be taken with you to your room. Every hotel has a special room for storage of sports equipment.
Some hotels in Innsbruck have been greeting their guests for more than a hundred years, and so they’ve got a status of city’s landmarks. The prestigious BEST WESTERN Hotel Neue … Open
Preparing your trip to Innsbruck: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Innsbruck - unique sights
Harakiri Ski SlopeFrom the series “Top 13 Furious Ski Resorts and Pistes”
Check on the map: Distance from Innsbruck center - 36.8 km.The professionals think that literally every person with a proper level of preparation can overcome this piste. You just have to consider the right skiing technique. Today the special warning signs in different languages are placed on one of the most dangerous slopes in the world. In addition to the ski slopes, the trainers and the doctors are always on duty. It is recommended to ski on the other 'black' ski slopes of the Mayrhoven in front of the 'Harakiri' slope. … Read further
AlpspixFrom the series “The World's Highest Observation Decks”
Check on the map: Distance from Innsbruck center - 32.6 km.In clear weather beautiful views of the Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany, can be admired. Alpspix observation deck is available all year round. Thanks to its unique shape, you can see spectacular scenery, invisible from other places. Despite the fact that the observation deck is very popular among travelers, it has a number of opponents. After its opening, group of climbers, which has chosen this venue for the annual training, said that this massive construction only spoils the perfect mountain landscape. According to them, the only way to enjoy beauty of these places is to conquer one of the mountain peaks. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Innsbruck and surroundings
Photos of Innsbruck
Travelling to Innsbruck - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Innsbruck. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.