Preparing your trip to Tirol: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. You can comfortably travel through the region not only by rail, but also by bus. Tram running along very scenic places is available to visitors of Innsbruck.
2. Given that the local highway passes through difficult mountainous areas, some of them may be closed in winter. Tourists going for a trip by car should definitely clarify available routes. Be sure to travel around alpine areas only by car equipped with tire chains.
3. The most profitable way to make calls to other cities and countries remain street payphones. They are installed on every busy street and near important tourist attractions. Phone cards can be purchased in any tobacco shop or post office.
4. Local hotels differ with quite high prices; seasoned travelers recommend paying attention to mid-priced accommodation. Three-star hotels offer guests a wide range of services and are often located in a very attractive area.
6. Individual catering helps to save considerably. All popular resort areas offer tourists a decent selection of food shops where you can buy great products at attractive prices.
7. It’s worth to visit one of the local tourist centers even you have already been to Tirol. The fact is that you can learn about gastronomic events and other interesting tour programs there. You also can get all the information on current promotions and discounts.
Interesting culinary traditions represent a vast part of the local culture; Tirol never ceases to attract fans of gastronomic tourism. For many centuries, is has been producing a magnificent … Open
Preparing your trip to Tirol: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Tirol - unique sights
AlpspixFrom the series “The World's Highest Observation Decks”
Check on the map: Distance from Tirol center - 46.4 km.In clear weather beautiful views of the Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany, can be admired. Alpspix observation deck is available all year round. Thanks to its unique shape, you can see spectacular scenery, invisible from other places. Despite the fact that the observation deck is very popular among travelers, it has a number of opponents. After its opening, group of climbers, which has chosen this venue for the annual training, said that this massive construction only spoils the perfect mountain landscape. According to them, the only way to enjoy beauty of these places is to conquer one of the mountain peaks. … Read further
Harakiri Ski SlopeFrom the series “Top 13 Furious Ski Resorts and Pistes”
Check on the map: Distance from Tirol center - 22 km.Severe shocks, breaks and contortions - so only the most harmless consequences the inexperienced skiers can get after the impetuous and short descent. The world-famous sportsman Tobias Fankhauser was one of the first to take advantage of the 'black' course and to use it for regular training sessions. He held the successful descent to 'Harakiri' piste for the highest sports performance. Today, many coaches are working on the health resort, which prepare athletes and anyone interested in the descent on one of the most difficult ski runs. … Read further
Photos of Tirol
Travelling to Tirol - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Tirol. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.