Preparing your trip to Augsburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Make sure you check all electrical appliances you plan to take for compatibility before your trip. The line voltage is 220 V. All the hotels are equipped with standard European style sockets.
2. The best way to make phone calls to other countries in from the special phone booths which are located close to all major shopping centers and government agencies. As a rule, all phone booths are equipped with telephone books.
3. Telephone call rates may change during a day. As a rule, the highest rates are during the period from 8:00 to 12:00. The calls from 18:00 to 8:00 will be the cheapest ones.
4. The tourists, who hope to save money on purchases, may be advised to visit «Kaufhol» supermarkets. Despite the fact that the prices in them are among the lowest in the city, all the products offered are of the excellent quality. Hertie supermarkets are considered the most expensive ones.
6. You should not forget to leave tips in the city’s restaurants and cafes. As a rule, the tips estimate around 10% of the total bill. It is very likely that guests of cafes will get a free soft drink or a cup of coffee.
7. The majority of government agencies and shops open at 9 am and work until 6 pm. Thursday is considered a long day, on which large supermarkets and shopping centers may work until 8 pm.
9. Banks or specialized exchange offices are the best place to exchange currency. In addition to an exchange rate, make sure you pay attention on the size of the commission charged. The tourists who use the local ATMs should also ask about the amount of commission.
10. The city is distinguished by a well-developed public transport system. In order to make traveling even easier, you can get a brochure with a map of the city and description of all transport routes.
Preparing your trip to Augsburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Augsburg - unique sights
Football BridgeFrom the series “The Most Unusual and Strange Bridges on Earth”
Check on the map: Distance from Augsburg center - 57 km.The waterproof high-strength material was used as the main decorative element in the construction of the bridge. The original 'football bridge' is bilateral. The drivers driving on the highway can see the legendary goalkeeper 'from the back' and 'from the face'. Oliver Kahn personally participated in the formation of the unusual bridge. He had to participate in a long and complicated photo shoot, during which the exclusive photos of the football player were taken in necessary poses, which were later used for the design of the bridge. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Augsburg and surroundings
Photos of Augsburg
Travelling to Augsburg - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Augsburg. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.