Preparing your trip to Wurzburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. You can easily get to Frankfurt and Bamberg from Würzburg. The cities are connected by a network of high-speed trains. A trip from one city to another will take less than an hour and a half and the price of the ticket ranges from 15 to 25 euros.
2. There are several car rental offices in the city. In order to rent a car, you will need to have a driving license of the international standard. Your driving experience must be at least a year, and the age of the renter must be at least 23 years.
3. Motorists should remember that there is a strict system of traffic rules in the city. Any violation is due to heavy fines. Pedestrians should also watch the traffic closely and cross the streets in specially designated places only.
4. The best way to see all sights of the city is to make a walk in the city on foot. All important sights of Wurzburg can be conveniently visited within one day. Travelers are also welcome to participate in interesting excursions on bicycles.
6. Würzburg is distinguished by an excellent public transport system. You can conveniently travel the city on buses or trams. Travellers who expect to use the public transport a lot are recommended to buy a special pass. The ticket for 24 hours will cost you costs only 4 euros.
7. Travelers are advised to visit the city during the annual wine festival Würzburger Weinfest, which usually takes place in late August. This festival is among the most anticipated events in the city, so the preparation for it lasts the whole year.
The comfortable Franziskaner Hotel is located in one of the most picturesque and quiet districts of Wurzburg. From the moment it was opened, this hotel has been especially popular among … Open
9. The best time to travel to Würzburg is the period from early May until late September. At this time of year the most favorable weather prevails. This is also the traditional time for numerous interesting cultural events.
10. You can find out about upcoming cultural events in any travel agency. Here tourists will be offered to buy a map of the city with the indication of all public transport routes.
Preparing your trip to Wurzburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Wurzburg and surroundings
Germany: travelling advices12. Germans are very friendly and well-disposed towards travelers. They will readily tell the way or help with advice. However, it is important to follow the rules of communication. You need to address Herr to a man or Frau to a woman. Moreover, in Germany it is customary to refer to each other by surnames.
13. The Germans have a very specific sense of humor, so it's better not to joke with them. They can take jokes literally, which will lead to an awkward situation.
14. Each city of Germany has telephone booths, which tourists can use to call anywhere in the world. For convenience, telephone directories lie nearby. You can pay for the service by coins, telephone or bank cards.
15. Water from the tap is considered to be drinkable in Germany, but it can have a very specific flavor. … Open
Photos of Wurzburg
Travelling to Wurzburg - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Wurzburg. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.