Preparing your trip to Frankfurt am Main: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Frankfurt has a rather mild climate; fans of excursions and walks in the fresh air would find comfortable to relax there at any time of the year. The coldest month of the year is February, and the hottest one is August. It should be noted that both in winter and in summer rains are rare, so incessant rains and snowfalls won’t spoil holiday plans.
2. Summer is traditionally considered the high season; many travelers visit the city on the eve of Christmas holidays. At this time there are always public entertainment and colorful markets in Frankfurt.
3. Travelers arriving to the airport of Frankfurt can get to the city center by train. In this case, the journey will take about 15 minutes; trains S8 and S9 go to the downtown. An alternative to electric trains is a bus, but in this case the trip can be a little bit longer.
4. Travelers who arrive by car have to consider that during the daytime traffic along major highways is always difficult. A great part of the city is considered a pedestrian area closed for drivers; in particular, the vehicle can’t drive through Zeil shopping street.
6. One of the best ways to get around the city is a bike; you can rent it at one of the rental centers. Deutsche Bahn centers are considered the most popular; they are situated at main crossroads of the city and near railway stations. The average cost of renting two-wheeler is 15 euros per day.
7. Through the main streets of the city tourists can walk safely even late at night. You shouldn’t explore remote areas of Frankfurt and visit desolate places at nights, as it is likely to become a victim of robbers.
Frankfurt can be truly called one of most stylish and modern cities of the country. Numerous conferences, exhibitions, seminars and fairs take place here every year. Frankfurt has become the … Open
Preparing your trip to Frankfurt am Main: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Frankfurt am Main - unique sights
Miniatur WunderlandFrom the series “Famous Miniature Museums of Architectural Objects and Cities”
Check on the map: Distance from Frankfurt am Main center - 41 km.Guests of Hamburg will have an opportunity to visit the Miniatur Wunderland amazing park, which is a unique landmark of world significance. Wunderland is a small copy of Hamburg. The park met its first guests in 2000. Since opening, its main feature is a huge breadboard model of the railway, the length of which is 11 km. There are stations on the railway, small colorful trains run along it. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Frankfurt am Main and surroundings
Photos of Frankfurt am Main
Travelling to Frankfurt am Main - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Frankfurt am Main. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.