Preparing your trip to Berlin: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists, who prefer to save on everything during their rest, should purchase a handy pass «Berlin - Potsdam Welcome Card». The pass provides discounted rates in public transport, both in the capital, and while traveling to the capital’s close surroundings. In addition to this, holders of this pass have an opportunity to get discounts at museums and theaters.
2. The majority of the city’s institutions are closed on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday are the most suitable days for excursions - many museums and exhibition galleries work till late on these days.
3. You should speak to local residents using their name or position. If you don’t know such information, then you can use the standard form - «Herr Doctor». The reason for this is in the fact the word "doctor" has many meanings in Germany, so it’s appropriate when referring to people of different professions.
4. When entering a cafe or a restaurant, make sure you greet the people present with the word «Mahlzeit», which can be literally translated as "bon appetit".
6. The city is very convenient to travel by public transport. The transport chain is really diversified, and there are trolley-buses, trams and buses, trains and underground in Berlin. The subway line covers all important areas of the city. We should also note that certain types of buses and trolley buses run in the city even at night.
7. When you plan to make a walk, it's better to bring a copy of the passport or the hotel card with you. The identity document will help you to avoid many troubles.
Discovering the architecture of Berlin from bird's eye view! Reichstag building, Rotes Rathaus, French Cathedral, St. Hedwig Cathedral, Soviet War Memorial, Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, all those monuments are defining the image of Berlin … Open
9. All major stores, shopping malls, cafes and restaurants accept credit cards, so there’s no need to take large sums of cash with you.
10. It is better to get cash Geldautomat ATMs as they charge a small fee and are located near every major public institution or a shopping center.
Preparing your trip to Berlin: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Berlin - unique sights
Panorama PunktFrom the series “Breathtaking high-altitude observation points with panoramic views on cities”
Check on the map: Distance from Berlin center - 1 km.Panorama Punkt is equipped with special information stands that make a tour even more informative. One floor below, there is a wonderful coffee shop with a huge selection of traditional German desserts. Its hall features panoramic windows. Many travelers feel that fencing hinders in making nice photos. Attendants strongly recommend not to push cameras behind bars, because many visitors of Panorama Punkt have already lost their precious equipment doing that way. … Read further
SpreeparkFrom the series “Deserted places causing the feeling of chill”
Check on the map: Distance from Berlin center - 7 km.Despite the fact that Spreepark hasn’t been working for a long time, it never ceases to attract the attention of some tourists. Officially, its territory is protected and you can’t pass there. Anyway, some experienced stalkers often walk along the deserted park, entering it through one of the holes in a fence. There's an easier way to take a walk in the park. You can apply for an official tour and walk through the vast territory, accompanied by a group of tourists and a guide. Such a situation will probably give less of haircurling sensations, but you will be able to make a lot of spectacular pictures in the daylight. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Berlin and surroundings
Photos of Berlin
Travelling to Berlin - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Berlin. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.