Preparing your trip to Potsdam: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Potsdam is connected with Berlin by the transport net of S-Bahn trains, which depart from Potsdam-Sanssouci and Potsdam-Charlottenhof every 10 minutes. Travelers who think that it is not enough for them to visit the city’s sight, need to go to Berlin, owing to perfect transport system they will enjoy the comfortable travel.
2. Tourists who plan the big trip program need to arrive to the city since May and until September. During this time there is the best weather for walking, even when it is the high point of summer, the temperature usually don’t increase higher than 25 degrees centigrade.
3. On the city’s territory the public transport is represented as the big net of busses and trams. They are available since early morning until 23 o’clock, several buses are available until the late night. People must buy tickets beforehand in the special machines or tobacco kiosks.
4. In the city it is more comfortable to travel by bicycle, along all the big routes there are special bicycling roads. It is possible to lease the bicycle in one of the leasing centers, the most popular of them are CityRad and Potsdam per Pedales. Leasing of bicycle will cost from 8 to 12 euros for a day, depending on model and lease’s duration.
6. Except of budgetary restaurants economical travelers needs to pay attention to the local commercial squares. Except of food it is possible to buy the prepared dishes there, in dependence on the season they can be various. At the markets it is possible to buy the good candies, house pastry and the high qualitative sausages.
7. In local parks and gardens the perfect cleanness is kept. Everybody must throw rubbish away to special refuse bins, and organize the picnic in the special territories. These rules must be known beforehand, if people violate them, they will have to pay quite big fines.
This city is located near Berlin in a very picturesque place. A large park complex includes a system of lakes, the largest of which is Wannsee. Among the parks and gardens you can see many … Open
Preparing your trip to Potsdam: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Potsdam - unique sights
Sanssouci PalaceFrom the series “The Most Wonderful Castles and Palaces”
Check on the map: Distance from Potsdam center - 1.2 km.In the castles you can visit the unique rooms decorated with rare marble and gildings. The Schlosskomplex is worth seeing for the painting lovers, because one of the largest picture collections in Europe is presented. At first sight, one can hardly believe that the magnificent castles and the extensive park were created in only three years in the middle of the 18th century. In the construction it has managed to maintain the original nature of the area to a maximum. Even the old windmill was carefully preserved and has been one of the landmarks of the complex for more than 200 years. … Read further
TeufelsbergFrom the series “Abandoned Places of the Earth with Distinct Marks of Civilization”
Check on the map: Distance from Potsdam center - 15.7 km.After closure, the radio station building changed several owners who planned to open a variety of public institutions. None of these projects has been approved by the government in Berlin, so the building remained in ruins and slowly deteriorated. Today, the main guests of these places are graffiti artists, as well as curious tourists, who like to walk through the abandoned places. On weekends, Christopher Mclaren, who is a former employee of the radio station, arranges amazing tours aimed at fans of spy novels. … Read further
Photos of Potsdam
Travelling to Potsdam - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Potsdam. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.