Preparing your trip to Magdeburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Banks and state institutions get open not later than 8.30 and work till 17.30 – 18.00. The stores get open not later than 9.30, the upscale malls and department stores can be open till the late night. The usual day off is Sunday, meanwhile on Saturday major establishments have a shortened working day.
2. It should be noted that the local people go to bed rather early that is why the calls after 21.00 are inexcusable. However in the morning the calls are acceptable from 5.00 am.
3. Most local people have a rather good command of English language but give preference to native language in communication. Before visiting Magdeburg one should better learn some phrases in German. It will help not only connect with local folks but will turn to a perfect way of respect of national heritage.
4. Banks offer a more profitable way of currency exchange than private exchange offices do. Besides, the private exchange offices may charge high fees for a transaction. One should better avoid the exchange offices located on the hotel territory as the exchange rates there are the most unprofitable.
6. The standard set of documents is required for car rent: passport, international driving license and a credit card with the limit enough to cover the rental cost. The rent rate and cost depend on the certain car brand.
7. The utility supplied voltage is 220V. All the hotels and inns are equipped with European standard sockets.
The most popular children’s landmark in Magdeburg is Zoologischer Garten. This zoo is well-known for its beautiful decoration. It has plenty of greenery and equipped places for … Open
9. Tipping is welcome in all the local restaurants and cafes. The 10% cash reward is considered to be enough. In the upscale restaurants the service fee is included into the total order sum.
Preparing your trip to Magdeburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Magdeburg and surroundings
Germany: travelling advices5. Nazism is an acute topic for German society. Even jokes on this subject are objects of an administrative punishment. One can be imprisoned for using Nazi symbols in Germany.
6. It is customary to leave 7-10 percent of the check as a tip for a waiter. If the check does not exceed 5 euros, then the tip is usually 1 euro.
7. Subway in Germany starts working from 4 am and closes about midnight.
8. Active gesticulation or open expression of emotions in public places are considered a bad tone in Germany. Such behavior will cause old-fashioned looks of others. … Open
Photos of Magdeburg
Travelling to Magdeburg - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Magdeburg. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.