Preparing your trip to Heraklion: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Motorists should remember that the local drivers are not distinguished by strict compliance with traffic regulations. Therefore, it’s important to be very careful on the roads of the city. This concerns not only drivers, but also pedestrians.
2. Bus is a common form of public transport in the city. Buses ply in the city from early morning. You can easily get to all parts of the city using buses, as well as to travel through the entire island. It should be mentioned that it’s not easy to find a bus in the evening (after 19:00).
3. Travelers who plan to use taxis a lot are recommended to negotiate the fare in advance. Despite the fact that many cars are equipped with counters drivers often use ignorance of tourists and deliberately overprice their services.
4. Many large restaurants and bars include service costs in the bill. However, despite this fact waiter should be rewarded with an additional tip. For this purpose it's enough to round the resulting amount to any convenient sum in a big way.
6. Budget travelers are recommended to shop at stores that are marked with «Hellenic Duty Free Shop» sign. These are duty free trading centers. Wine, fur, locally produced crafts and handmade olive oil remain the most popular souvenirs.
7. Visitors can get a consultation from a doctor for free at any drug store. Pharmacies are also a place where visitors can measure blood pressure and get advice about certain medications.
Simply no description of the sights of Heraklion is possible without mentioning the famous palace of Knossos, which is considered a true diamond of not only the capital, but also the whole … Open
9. Travelers who visit Heraklion for the first time will surely need to get a map of the city. The reason of this is the fact that many streets of the city have the same or consonant names, and this fact may complicate your journey.
Preparing your trip to Heraklion: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Heraklion and surroundings
Greece: travelling advices11. It’s not accepted to shake hands with each other. The handshake can only be part of an acquaintance. In other cases, men and women kiss each other in the cheek twice.
12.The Greeks are characterized by non-punctuality. They may be late even for a business meeting.
13.Negotiate on the cost of a taxi ride in advance. Otherwise, a taxi driver will be able to cheat, greatly inflating the price.
14. Greece has a tax free system, which allows you to refund the tax on purchases. However, it does not apply to the purchase of fur items. During the daytime, life is very calm here. On the contrary, you can even get into a traffic jam on the main streets at night. Cities feature a huge number of nightclubs that open after 11-12 pm. … Open
Photos of Heraklion
Travelling to Heraklion - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Heraklion. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.