Preparing your trip to Rethymno: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The most expensive eating houses and shops are located at the seaside, so prudent travelers are recommended to choose among the places to eat located far from the city center. Remote areas of the city offer a number of attractive gastronomy establishments, which will treat guests with perfect quality of dishes and service as well as with attractive pricing policy.
2. The most popular souvenir shops are located near the most remarkable sites and landmarks. A nice souvenir shop is located next to the age-old fortress offering a vast choice of souvenir goods.
3. Olive oil is a popular memorable gift commonly chosen by foreign travelers. The oil is produced and supplied to the city stores by one of the nearest local factories. Different sorts of olive oil are available in local groceries and supermarkets, however it is highly recommended to choose oil in one of specialized shops located near the producing factory.
4. The best way to explore the city to better embrace its glory is on foot. Busses are running to the remote areas of the resort. Tourist information offices provide all the necessary formation on the bus route time table.
6. Tourists are recommended to visit the resort during one of numerous ethnic celebrations. A grand carnival is organized in February, the Wine festival fall within the beginning of autumn, and the summer features the famous art festival “Renaissance”. The destination turns to a hot entertaining center offering an exciting program during all of these holidays and celebrations.
7. Jewelries and watches are strongly recommended to be bought in specialized stores only. Local markets offer a vast assortment of the items, however chances are to get a fake one at a rather high price.
Each year the city of Rethymno turns into a heart of a bright carnival. The celebration of the carnival falls within the first part of February and lasts till the end of the month. The main … Open
Preparing your trip to Rethymno: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Rethymno and surroundings
Greece: travelling advices11. It’s not accepted to shake hands with each other. The handshake can only be part of an acquaintance. In other cases, men and women kiss each other in the cheek twice.
12.The Greeks are characterized by non-punctuality. They may be late even for a business meeting.
13.Negotiate on the cost of a taxi ride in advance. Otherwise, a taxi driver will be able to cheat, greatly inflating the price.
14. Greece has a tax free system, which allows you to refund the tax on purchases. However, it does not apply to the purchase of fur items. During the daytime, life is very calm here. On the contrary, you can even get into a traffic jam on the main streets at night. Cities feature a huge number of nightclubs that open after 11-12 pm. … Open
Photos of Rethymno
Travelling to Rethymno - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Rethymno. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.