Preparing your trip to Santorini: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists being not limited in time and wishing to enliven and diverse their leisure should necessarily pay a visit to the city of Rethymno. One may reach the city by ferry. In this case the trip will take about 4 hours. Another way to reach the city is by a high speed powerboat which will get to the destination three times faster.
2. The hottest months of the year on the Santorini island are considered to be July and August. An average day temperature commonly reaches +35C. The heat of the tourist season falls within a period from the beginning of May till the beginning of October.
3. The island features a well developed system of bus service. The island can be easily cruised by bus from early morning till late night. Tourist information offices as well as bus stations provide information on the cost of trips and current bus routes.
4. The guests of the island have also a chance to rent a car. The car will be a necessary means of transportation for those travelers looking for visiting of remote areas of the resort. The best car rental center is located in the airport of the Thira city as in this case the rental cost will be the lowest.
6. Tourists planning to visit the ancient city of Acrotiri should necessarily specify the open hours in advance. The matter is that the area is still worked by archeologists, that is why the district is open for public only a few hours per day.
7. Drivers and those tourists renting a scooter or a bike should keep in mind that not all the cities of the island feature filling stations. The cheapest fuel can be bought in the capital of the island.
The island of Santorini keeps numerous unique landmarks and sites among which tourist will find remarkable archeological areas. A recommended spot to visit for tourists during Santorini … Open
9. Local restaurants’ menu will please those tourists giving preference to European cuisine. Local treats can be tried without any concerns. As a rule the most prestigious and expensive gastronomy establishments are located close to landmarks and sites as well as on the premises of local most visited beaches.
Preparing your trip to Santorini: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Santorini - unique sights
Santorini VolcanoFrom the series “Volcanoes and Traps That Changed the Face of the Planet”
Check on the map: Distance from Santorini center - 2 km.The volcano remains active. Its last eruption occurred in 1950. Santorini Volcano impresses with its size, the diameter of its crater reaches 1 680 meters, and height is 130 meter. Santorini Mountain disappeared as a result of the Minoan eruption. A large oval gulf formed instead. Now it's filled with waters of the Aegean Sea. … Read further
SantoriniFrom the series “Monochromatic Cities - Stunning Views”
Check on the map: Distance from Santorini center - 3.9 km.The island’s population goes up to 13 400 people. Most of them work in the tourism industry. Fishing is still the major business in this area. It makes sense to try dozens of fish dishes and quite exotic sea delicatessens in the local restaurants. Guests of the island put the beach recreation at the first place. There you can go diving, the island has outstanding facilities for it. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Santorini and surroundings
Photos of Santorini
Travelling to Santorini - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Santorini. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.