Preparing your trip to Crete: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Fans of beach rest are recommended to go to Crete in the period from May to October. At this time weather is the most suitable for water activities. Those, who want to enjoy nature, would better have a trip in the late spring. The hottest months of the year are April and May; there are no rainfalls in this period.
2. It’s better to exchange currency in banks, which operate from 8:00 am to 2:00 - 2:30 pm. Friday is a shortest working day, and on Saturday and Sunday banks may be closed. Some exchange offices can work round the clock and seven days a week, but in terms of the exchange rate they are less profitable than banks.
3. Calls to other countries would be cheaper, if you would use special public phones, which are close to major government offices, public transport and shopping centers. They accept plastic cards, which are sold at newsstands and post offices. The most expensive would be calls from a hotel.
4. The most popular souvenirs are leather goods, jewelry and crafts made by local artisans. It’s recommended to look for jewelry only in large shopping malls and specialty shops. On the open market you could buy products of questionable quality at very high prices.
6. The cost of a particular brand of wine depends on the duration of its ageing. Don’t be surprised with low cost of certain brands of drinks, as they would probably be young wines, which also have excellent qualities.
7. In restaurants and cafes customers have to leave a tip. In small budget restaurants and cafes 1-1.5 euros would be enough, and major restaurants usually require tip making out 10% of the total bill. In upscale establishments fee may be included in the total score.
Crete attracts travelers with its first-class beach resorts. The choice of entertainment for children here is also wonderful. In the city of Rethymno, there is a beautiful outdoor … Open
Preparing your trip to Crete: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Crete and surroundings
Greece: travelling advices6.Restaurants that specialize in seafood, are known as fish taverns. They use the freshest products delivered in the same day.
7.Even if you just order a coffee in a cafe, you will definitely be served a glass of drinking water. Since ancient times, water and bread are indispensable attributes on the table. That’s due to a very hot climate.
8.The Greeks are very emotional. They talk loudly and gesture actively. Local gestures can be different from traditional European ones. A slight nod shows negation.
9. Walks in the most popular tourist destinations bring a risk of pickpocketing. Travelers should be more careful. … Open
Photos of Crete
Travelling to Crete - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Crete. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.