Preparing your trip to Lombardy: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The region has the well-developed public transport system, so it’s comfortable to travel by trains and buses. There are waterways on large lakes; such trips will certainly give a lot of impressions and allow enjoying the local beauty.
2. It’s better to visit Milan in January or August, when there are sales in local malls. It's worth noting that at this time shops are always visited by many people, so you should prepare for long lines.
3. A lot of foreign guests visit Milan in December, as the Christmas Fair opens on December, 7. Those planning a trip to this period have to book a hotel in advance.
4. Travelers buy local wines, cheeses and meat specialties as souvenirs. Each city has a decent selection of specialty shops where you can choose the best good.
6. Almost all major cities of the region offer a welcome card, which can be purchased at the hotel or in the tourist office. Such cards provide free travel with public transport and discounts at some cultural sites; the card helps to save considerably.
7. Tourists can be annoyed by uninvited helpers in Milan and other major cities. Usually those are Gipsies asking for money; they mingle near numerous electronic machines. They will diligently explain how to use a machine, even if the client doesn’t need their help, and then ask for money.
Lombardy is the economic, cultural and gastronomic landmark of the country. Even discerning palates would be fond of the local cuisine. The region is located in the Po Plain, often called … Open
9. Huge queues at railway stations and bus stations are quite common. It's worth noting that you can buy tickets for some destinations not only in specialized offices, but also in the nearby kiosks selling drinks and snacks.
Preparing your trip to Lombardy: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
Italy: travelling advices5. In Italy, crime rate is very low. In places of mass concentrations of people and popular tourist places however, one can meet with pickpockets, and therefore should be as vigilant as possible.
6. It is prohibited to be on beaches in Italy from 1AM to 6AM. Violation of this rule attracts a fine of 150 Euros.
7. When visiting temples and cathedrals in Italy, it is worth choosing closed clothing or throwing a scarf over your shoulders. Otherwise, you may not be allowed inside.
8. The name of the male and female toilet in Italy begins with a single letter - Signori and Signora. It is worth being careful not to get into an embarrassing situation. … Open
Photos of Lombardy
Travelling to Lombardy - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Lombardy. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.