Preparing your trip to Como: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. It’s recommended to exchange currency in the banks, as they offer the most favorable rate. However, it is worth considering that the working day in banks is quite short. They open at 9:00 am and run until 3:00 - 4:00 pm, and there can be a lunch break in the afternoon lasting at least one and a half hours.
2. The most common form of public transport is the bus; travel ticket has to be purchased in advance in a newspaper or tobacco shops. Upon entering the bus ticket must be punched. The ticket is valid 75 minutes after the first punch mark, during that time you can make any number of changes.
3. Please note that is impossible to flag a taxi on the street in a familiar way; this isn’t done here. The taxi is taken on a special parking or calling on the phone. In the taxi two types of rates exist: for day and for night.
4. You can rent a car at one of many rental agencies. An international driver's license and a credit card with the desired amount of deposit in the account would be necessary. The longer is the term of the lease, the lower the daily fee would be. Customers under 25 years are denied service.
6. Despite the fact that Como is very calm and quiet town, travelers must abide the basic rules of caution. Don’t take a lot of things while going for a walk. Cash will be useful only to those who hope to visit the local markets and small stores; in shopping malls you can pay with credit card.
7. In restaurants and cafes it is customary to leave a tip; generally it makes out at least 10% of the total order. You can also leave small cash reward for a maid at the hotel, taxi driver and doorman; 1 - 2 euros would be a sufficient tip.
City central square, Cavour Square, has witnessed the most important events in city history. Nowadays it hosts events and fairs and the majority of tours start there. Church of Santa Maria … Open
9. Smokers should pay particular attention to prohibiting signs and plaques. Smoking in public places and some restaurants may not be allowed, but there is a special area for smokers next to every public institution.
Preparing your trip to Como: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Como - unique sights
Borromeo PalaceFrom the series “The most wonderful castles and palaces”
Check on the map: Distance from Como center - 44 km.On the Italian island of Isola-Bella is the beautiful Palace Borromeo, whose design is uniquely beautiful and impressive. The beautiful baroque palace, built in the 16th century, is located on the almost entire territory of the tiny island and forms a unified complex with the incredibly beautiful park zone. The palace was ordered by King Charles III. Who gave the chic building on the tiny uninhabited island of his wife Izabelle. … Read further
Duomo di MilanoFrom the series “15 unofficial man-made wonders of the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Como center - 39 km.No less famous is the Milan Cathedral or Duomo di Milano located in the heart of the historic district. It's considered a shining example of the outstanding architectural style, Flamboyant Gothic. Construction of this cathedral took several hundred years. The process has begun in 1386 and was completed only in the 19th century. The Milan Cathedral is the fifth largest in the world. The spectacular architectural structure is characterized by a variety of spiers and fine sculptures, a complex system of pointed towers and turrets. … Read further
Photos of Como
Travelling to Como - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Como. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.