Preparing your trip to Como: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. It’s recommended to exchange currency in the banks, as they offer the most favorable rate. However, it is worth considering that the working day in banks is quite short. They open at 9:00 am and run until 3:00 - 4:00 pm, and there can be a lunch break in the afternoon lasting at least one and a half hours.
2. The most common form of public transport is the bus; travel ticket has to be purchased in advance in a newspaper or tobacco shops. Upon entering the bus ticket must be punched. The ticket is valid 75 minutes after the first punch mark, during that time you can make any number of changes.
3. Please note that is impossible to flag a taxi on the street in a familiar way; this isn’t done here. The taxi is taken on a special parking or calling on the phone. In the taxi two types of rates exist: for day and for night.
4. You can rent a car at one of many rental agencies. An international driver's license and a credit card with the desired amount of deposit in the account would be necessary. The longer is the term of the lease, the lower the daily fee would be. Customers under 25 years are denied service.
6. Despite the fact that Como is very calm and quiet town, travelers must abide the basic rules of caution. Don’t take a lot of things while going for a walk. Cash will be useful only to those who hope to visit the local markets and small stores; in shopping malls you can pay with credit card.
7. In restaurants and cafes it is customary to leave a tip; generally it makes out at least 10% of the total order. You can also leave small cash reward for a maid at the hotel, taxi driver and doorman; 1 - 2 euros would be a sufficient tip.
City central square, Cavour Square, has witnessed the most important events in city history. Nowadays it hosts events and fairs and the majority of tours start there. Church of Santa Maria … Open
9. Smokers should pay particular attention to prohibiting signs and plaques. Smoking in public places and some restaurants may not be allowed, but there is a special area for smokers next to every public institution. Next: Guide intro
Preparing your trip to Como: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Como - unique sights
Contra DamFrom the series “The Greatest Dams in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Como center - 46.7 km.'The role' of the dam in the film was quite impressive. The agent 007 jumped from Contra Dam, when hundreds of thousands of fans came to this area. Since then, thousands of people strive to repeat the leap of the agent. The dam serves as a place for Bunjee Jumping. Contra Dam is also known among the fans of the other film - Dhoom 3. This was one of the most exciting moments of culminating. The tourists, who are not ready for such breathtaking entertainments, have a wide range of excursions. During the hike through the most beautiful places, you can learn about the history of the dam building and its peculiarities. … Read further
Toilet at Dolce Gabbana GoldFrom the series “Public Toilets, Who Makes it Extravagant”
Check on the map: Distance from Como center - 39.2 km.The tourists, who travel in the footsteps of the world-wide celebrities, must take into account that the restaurant is demanded by the world-famous cinema and music stars. The most elegant toilet in Italy has been visited by Gisele Bündchen, Kylie Minogue, Paris Hilton and many other celebrities. Many travelers go to the restaurant especially to sit at the next table with the favorite actor or musician. Dolce & Gabbana Gold is one of the few places in the world, where you can meet the famous actors and musicians even in the WC. … Read further
Verzasca DamFrom the series “Thrilling Points for Bungee Jumping”
Check on the map: Distance from Como center - 46.7 km.For the Bungee jumpers the dam was converted in Switzerland Verzasca dam. Guests of the unusual attraction can jump from the height of 220 meters. The history of the emergence of the popular attraction on the embankment of the Verzasca river is very interesting. While filming the film 'Agent 007', the director Martin Campbell has selected this dam for shooting on one of the episodes. … Read further
Photos of Como
Travelling to Como - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Como. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.