Preparing your trip to Varese: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The period from May to October is considered the best time to visit Varese. The weather is always fine during this part of the year, so nothing will spoil your plans.
2. There are no large sports centers in the city, but Varese neighborhoods have a well-developed infrastructure that includes 7 golf courses, a horse-riding school, and many other sports complexes.
3. Travelers are recommended to exchange currency in their home countries because local banks and exchange offices have quite a bad exchange rate. When tourists plan to do some shopping, it is better to stock up on paper money in small denominations as this way it will be easier to pay to sellers.
4. Dinner is the main meal of the day for locals, so local restaurants have the most diversified menu in the evening. Breakfasts, in their turn, can even dissatisfy travelers because of their “modesty”. As a rule, local cafes and restaurants offer only coffee and fresh baking in the morning.
6. Don’t forget to leave tips in local restaurants and cafes. A tip of 10-15% of the total is enough.
7. The line voltage is 220V. All hotels have standards European sockets. Travelers should check all electrical appliances they plan to take for compliance. In case of a need, don’t forget to bring adapters.
9. Take a taxi in specially designated areas only or use the telephone to get one. It is virtually impossible to find a free car on streets. Taxis can be somewhat more expensive at night.
10. Despite the fact that Varese is considered a safe city, it is still better not to explore it late at night or head to an independent journey to the distant parts of the city.
11. Local people are very friendly and communicative. They are always glad to help and tell how to get to some landmark or what restaurant to choose for a dinner.
Preparing your trip to Varese: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Varese - unique sights
Borromeo PalaceFrom the series “The Most Wonderful Castles and Palaces”
Check on the map: Distance from Varese center - 25 km.A unique feature of the beautiful palace, hidden behind its unobtrusive walls, is the unique interiors, which include the rare marble and wood varieties, gold and precious stones. Throne Hall is considered to be the most magnificent, and in the Gobelinsaal you can see the unique masterpieces of Flemish art embroidered with gold. On the lower floor of the building are the unique shell caves decorated with the natural stalactites and shells of the whimsical forms. Isola Bella Island and the wonderful Palace have served as a venue for classical music concerts for several years. … Read further
Verzasca DamFrom the series “Thrilling Points for Bungee Jumping”
Check on the map: Distance from Varese center - 42.1 km.In recent years, the jump price is around 255 Swiss francs at the time of the day. Tourists who want to jump in the night will pay a bit more. Verzasca is considered to be the purest river on Earth. The water is so pure that the view can reach 15 meters. This remarkable area is fabulous, especially in the spring, when the hills surrounding the river are lush with vegetation and flowers. … Read further
Church of Santa Maria delle GrazieFrom the series “Top 15 Unesco Sites in Europe”
Check on the map: Distance from Varese center - 47.3 km.Over the past decades, the main church in Milan has remained a popular tourist attraction. The queue of those wishing to see the legendary frescoes doesn’t vanish, so it’s recommended to sign up for a tour several days in advance. Anyone who wishes to see the legendary fresco by Leonardo da Vinci, will have to undergo a special procedure. An outerwear has to be cleaned from the dirt using a dedicated gadget. Only after that, you can take a look at the amazing work of art. However, visitors can not admire it for more than 15 minutes. … Read further
Photos of Varese
Travelling to Varese - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Varese. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.