Preparing your trip to Bergamo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Only a small part of the locals can speak English, so travelers should not forget to get an Italian phrase book for this trip. The book will surely help to find "common ground" with salespeople in the local stores, taxi drivers and waiters in restaurants.
2. All hotels of Bergamo are equipped with standard European wall outlets. The supply voltage is 220 V. Before you start your trip, make sure you check all electrical appliances that you plan to take with you for compatibility – you might need to purchase necessary adapters.
3. All valuable items should be stored in a special safe only or given at the reception for deposit. When you go out for a walk, you should not take valuable things or large sums of money with you without any particular need.
4. Make sure you exchange currency in specialized centers or banks only. When you plan to exchange money, you should pay attention not only to the exchange rate, but also to the amount of the commission charged. These figures can vary significantly in different banks and exchange offices.
6. Despite the fact that the city is home to a huge number of different restaurants, the prices in them are not very different. The travellers, who expect to save on food, are recommended to visit numerous bistros of the city. You will surely find various salads and fresh pastries in them.
7. If your hotel provides a "buffet" type breakfast as an additional service, you should not forget to come to have meals as soon as possible. Latecomers will simply not get various delicacies, which are usually available at the beginning of a breakfast.
There is a legend that tells about wonderful city Bergamo and its creation. According to this legend, the city was founded by forefather Chidn, but this place got its splendid forms after … Open
9. You can catch a taxi in a special parking only or call it by phone. Stopping cars right on the streets of the city is simply not accepted. Taxi rates can go up a bit after 22:00 comparing to the daytime rates. These special rates are also applied on weekends.
10. Public transport tickets must be purchased in advance. You can easily get them in any tobacco outlet or a newsstand. All tickets must be necessarily validated once you enter the bus. Next: Stylish design-hotels
Preparing your trip to Bergamo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bergamo - unique sights
Sauna-TramFrom the series “Most Extraordinary Thermaes, Baths and Saunas in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Bergamo center - 45.2 km.Initially, the organizers wanted the sauna-tram to cruise the streets of the city, and its visitors could admire outstanding sights and the most beautiful streets of Milan. City authorities did not approve of such an initiative, and the sauna has been decided to be installed in one of the busiest districts of Milan, close to popular hotels and entertainment venues. … Read further
Valcamonica Rock CarvingsFrom the series “16 Most Fascinating Objects of Unesco in Italy”
Check on the map: Distance from Bergamo center - 64.2 km.The oldest paintings appeared there about 6 000 years ago. On the territory of the valley, there are a lot of interesting walk routes. The most popular is Capo di Ponte area where has placed the Naquane National Park of petroglyphs. There you can see not only a great number of outstanding archaeological areas but also places where the ancient people lived. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bergamo and surroundings
Photos of Bergamo
Travelling to Bergamo - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bergamo. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.