Preparing your trip to Bergamo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Only a small part of the locals can speak English, so travelers should not forget to get an Italian phrase book for this trip. The book will surely help to find "common ground" with salespeople in the local stores, taxi drivers and waiters in restaurants.
2. All hotels of Bergamo are equipped with standard European wall outlets. The supply voltage is 220 V. Before you start your trip, make sure you check all electrical appliances that you plan to take with you for compatibility – you might need to purchase necessary adapters.
3. All valuable items should be stored in a special safe only or given at the reception for deposit. When you go out for a walk, you should not take valuable things or large sums of money with you without any particular need.
4. Make sure you exchange currency in specialized centers or banks only. When you plan to exchange money, you should pay attention not only to the exchange rate, but also to the amount of the commission charged. These figures can vary significantly in different banks and exchange offices.
6. Despite the fact that the city is home to a huge number of different restaurants, the prices in them are not very different. The travellers, who expect to save on food, are recommended to visit numerous bistros of the city. You will surely find various salads and fresh pastries in them.
7. If your hotel provides a "buffet" type breakfast as an additional service, you should not forget to come to have meals as soon as possible. Latecomers will simply not get various delicacies, which are usually available at the beginning of a breakfast.
There is a legend that tells about wonderful city Bergamo and its creation. According to this legend, the city was founded by forefather Chidn, but this place got its splendid forms after … Open
9. You can catch a taxi in a special parking only or call it by phone. Stopping cars right on the streets of the city is simply not accepted. Taxi rates can go up a bit after 22:00 comparing to the daytime rates. These special rates are also applied on weekends.
10. Public transport tickets must be purchased in advance. You can easily get them in any tobacco outlet or a newsstand. All tickets must be necessarily validated once you enter the bus.
Preparing your trip to Bergamo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bergamo - unique sights
Duomo di MilanoFrom the series “15 unofficial man-made wonders of the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Bergamo center - 45.2 km.The main building material is white marble. The Italian Simone de Orsenigo is considered to be the original author of the project. Later, best experts from Germany and France were attracted to participate in construction. For hundreds of years, the best masters of Europe were working to create the unique facade and interior design. Their work resulted in the fabulously beautiful cathedral with the spire of 106.5 meters high. … Read further
Toilet at Dolce Gabbana GoldFrom the series “Public toilets, who makes it extravagant”
Check on the map: Distance from Bergamo center - 43.7 km.The most glamorous and chic toilet in Italy is Milan, the famous Dolce and Gabbana Gold. The design of the toilet corresponds to the glamor and elegance that prevails in the restaurant. The toilet is decorated with the splendid decor of shining glass and the gold bamboo. The luxurious marble washbasins, the golden mirrors and the incredible lighting that the design interiors emphasize - in this toilet you can spend a while watching the chic interior design. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bergamo and surroundings
Photos of Bergamo
Travelling to Bergamo - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bergamo. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.