Preparing your trip to Arezzo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Local people are not very skilled in foreign languages, so it is better to buy a phrasebook before your holiday in Arezzo.
2. Line voltage is 220V. Therefore, it’s important to check your electrical appliances that you plan to take and get a European plug in case of a need.
3. As a rule, all religious landmarks are open for visitors starting from early in the morning. Closer to the noon, the majority of churches and cathedrals close and resume their work in 2 – 3 hours.
4. It is not recommended to plan an excursion to churches and cathedrals on religious holidays and during ceremonies.
6. If you plan to rent a car, don’t forget about the speed limit on the streets of the city. During the daytime, some streets can be closed for vehicles.
7. The city has quite an unusual law concerning cash turnover. It is prohibited to transfer cash in amounts exceeding 12,000 euro. It is considered a crime and can cause punishment. All transactions involving large amounts of money must be made through the bank.
Valdichiana Outlet Village is the most popular outlet in Arezzo, where your favourite brand clothes is available with big discounts at any time of the year. The outlet presents clothing … Open
9. Prior to booking a hotel room, check the services offered. In some hotels, the breakfast is not included in the room price.
10. The cheapest way to make calls to other countries is to use special orange cabins that are present in every district of the city. They offer the most favorable fee and comfortable service. To make a call, you will need to purchase «scheda telefonica» card, the value of which can range from 5 to 20 euro.
11. Arezzo has a well-developed system of public transport. It is possible to buy tickets in tobacco and newspaper kiosks, and in some bars. Bus drivers do not sell tickets.
12. Shops and shopping centers work from Monday till Saturday. Some shopping complexes can have shorter operating hours on Saturday.
Preparing your trip to Arezzo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Arezzo - unique sights
Basilica di Santa Maria del FioreFrom the series “The Most Astonishing Orthodox Churches”
Check on the map: Distance from Arezzo center - 59.3 km.At the period of the Early Middle Ages in Florence lived about 90 000 people. That’s why the cathedral looks like a large roofed square. Its length is 153 meters and width 90 meters. The height with the cross is 114 meters. The cathedral’s façade is decorated with a great number of wonderful statues. The graining of marble walls with the sculptures make the church look magnificent. The church’s interior is rich with stain-glassed artworks of the 15th century. Also, there were saved wonderful frescos of the 16th century with the depiction of the Day of Judgement. The main peculiarity of the cathedral is the Paolo Uccello’s clock. They were made in 1443 and work until now. … Read further
Ponte VecchioFrom the series “The Most Unusual and Strange Bridges on Earth”
Check on the map: Distance from Arezzo center - 59.2 km.According to the historical data, the first bridge has appeared on this site much earlier, in the 10th century. In 1117, the brittle wooden bridge was completely destroyed during the heavy flooding. The reconstituted bridge has also existed for a short time, the flood has destroyed it in 1333. The third bridge charms the city dwellers and guests Florence for more than 600 years. Remarkable that the name of the architect who developed their design remains unknown. According to one of the versions, it was Taddeo Gaddi, according to the others - Neri de Fioravanti. … Read further
Uffizi GalleryFrom the series “Famous Buildings of Renaissance Architecture”
Check on the map: Distance from Arezzo center - 59 km.About 50 halls are used for priceless art pieces. All museum pictures are exhibited in a strong chronology. In the museum apart from pictures, you can see wonderful ancient sculptures and an interesting collection of archaeological finds. When you will finish with the gallery, go to the inner yard. There you can feel the architectural greatness of one of the most famous world museums. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Arezzo and surroundings
Photos of Arezzo
Travelling to Arezzo - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Arezzo. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.