Preparing your trip to Florence: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The locals are distinguished by refined manners and attention to appearance. Tourists will also need to select a wardrobe carefully and wear clothes does not look sloppy.
2. For many travelers language barrier is a serious problem. There are not many people who speak English among the inhabitants of Florence. Each hotel has guides to help vacationers get in touch with local residents.
3. Don’t forget to pick up clothes carefully before visiting religious sites. Other way you can be not allowed to enter churches and cathedrals. Women need to wear skirts that are below the knee level and must cover their heads with a handkerchief, and men to wear stringent pants.
4. It’s normal to leave a tip in the restaurants and cafes. The usual amount of tips is around 10% of the bill.
6. Tourists with children and young people should be careful when buying tickets to public transport. There is an interesting system of discounts in the city, so you can save considerably on travelling.
7. You can easily get to all main attractions of the city by bus. The public transport network is really well-developed here.
Of course, Duomo remains the most vivid architectural landmark of Florence. No monument of the past can match with the beauty of this great place. In addition to the magnificent cathedral, … Open
9. You can pay with credit cards in large shops and hotels of the city, but on street markets you will need to pay with paper money. Small denominations are also recommended as it will be easier to pay to sellers.
10. Those, who want to save money on food, are recommended to visit local cafes and bars. In addition to widest choice of drinks they offer excellent salads and snacks at reasonable prices.
Preparing your trip to Florence: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Florence - unique sights
Ponte VecchioFrom the series “The Most Unusual and Strange Bridges on Earth”
Check on the map: Distance from Florence center - 0.3 km.According to the historical data, the first bridge has appeared on this site much earlier, in the 10th century. In 1117, the brittle wooden bridge was completely destroyed during the heavy flooding. The reconstituted bridge has also existed for a short time, the flood has destroyed it in 1333. The third bridge charms the city dwellers and guests Florence for more than 600 years. Remarkable that the name of the architect who developed their design remains unknown. According to one of the versions, it was Taddeo Gaddi, according to the others - Neri de Fioravanti. … Read further
Uffizi GalleryFrom the series “Famous Buildings of Renaissance Architecture”
Check on the map: Distance from Florence center - 0.4 km.About 50 halls are used for priceless art pieces. All museum pictures are exhibited in a strong chronology. In the museum apart from pictures, you can see wonderful ancient sculptures and an interesting collection of archaeological finds. When you will finish with the gallery, go to the inner yard. There you can feel the architectural greatness of one of the most famous world museums. … Read further
Photos of Florence
Travelling to Florence - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Florence. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.