Preparing your trip to Lucca: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers who are setting off to Lucca for the first time should undoubtedly visit the touristic center of APT Lucca Tourist Information Office. It is located near the Santa Maria square. In the city center the visitors can get a leaflet with the description of the significant landmarks and monuments as well as specify the time of cultural events and thus buy the tickets in advance.
2. The main city transport means is a bus. However the tourists are recommended to explore the small town on foot. Major landmarks and monuments of Lucca are set in close vicinity to each other; that is why a walk will turn rich in emotions.
3. Only those tourists are permitted to drive in the Lucca city who stop in the hotels of the city. Setting off for a tour one should take a hotel ID card, otherwise the car should be left outside the district area. It should be also noted that the historical part of the city has a free parking lot.
4. Numerous rental centers make it easy to get a two wheel vehicle. The best rental centers are considered to be Poli and Cicli Bizzarri set close to the Santa Maria square. These centers offer the most profitable lease terms. The most expensive way to lease a bicycle is from the rental centers located on the territory of the hotels.
6. The city streets are extremely cleaned of litter and waste. Leaving litter in the inappropriate place is challenged with high fees. The park zones are also regulated. Each park has a strictly designated area for picnics. Before setting off to the countryside one should specify the local rules and regulations which will help to escape and avoid unnecessary troubles and confusions.
7. Prudent tourists should pay attention not only to the low scale cafés and restaurant but to the grocery shops. Many of the places offer hot pastry, soft refreshing drinks and fresh salads at rather attractive price. Original bakeries and concession stands are scattered around large squares and landmarks.
Your active city break in Lucca. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Visiting the local entertaining centers, shops and scenic natural sights will sufficiently enliven the tours over the historical places of the city. Lucca has a marvelous botanical garden … Open
Preparing your trip to Lucca: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Lucca - unique sights
Piazza dei MiracoliFrom the series “16 Most Fascinating Objects of Unesco in Italy”
Check on the map: Distance from Lucca center - 14.1 km.Another significant place is the Campo Santo, also known as Camposanto Monumentale. It is a historical edifice at the northern edge of the Cathedral Square in Pisa. Couloir was built in the 1278 year and finished 1464. Today it is a very valuable architecturally building. All these historical buildings around the picturesque square are united in a valuable architectural complex … Read further
Grotta GiustiFrom the series “Most Extraordinary Thermaes, Baths and Saunas in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Lucca center - 28.2 km.The most unusual variant of pastime will be a rest in the cave, where among stylactites and stalagmites, natural stone terraces with chic recreation areas and wooden sun loungers were equipped. In the grotto is a wonderful thermal lake Limbo. A rest on the shore will also be an unforgettable event. It is also worth noting that since the opening, the Giusti cave is very popular with celebrities. In ancient times Giuseppe Verdi loved to rest here. … Read further
Fortezza Medicea RestaurantFrom the series “The Most Exotic Restaurants in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Lucca center - 56.7 km.The spacious dining room, which accommodates about a hundred guests, was furnished in the prison dining room. During the reconstruction, the original equipment was completely preserved. Even the most economical tourists can have dinner in one of the most original restaurants on the planet. Dinner costs about 25 euros. The humble 'prison feast' consists of a meal and a glass of wine. All the dishes presented in the menu are fairly simple; Paste is one of the most popular among them. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Lucca and surroundings
Photos of Lucca
Travelling to Lucca - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Lucca. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.