Preparing your trip to Tuscany: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The most favorable time to visit Tuscany is late spring and early autumn. At this time, it’s not so hot, so nothing would spoil numerous excursions. Beach lovers will like to rest in summer, when the weather is warm and sunny.
2. The central railway station of Florence, called SMN, may mislead inexperienced travelers who visit the city for the first time. The fact is that the building of the station was built a long time ago, and many of its signage has long lost value. You shouldn’t rely on signs to find information service or baggage room; it’s better to seek help from someone from the staff.
3. Virtually all major cities of the region have excellent tourist information centers; often they are located at the train station or the central square. Guide yourself by a bright green pointer with ‘i’ letter.
4. Travelers are strongly recommended to exchange currency before the trip; in this case the terms would be more favorable. Despite the fact that the number of banks and exchange offices in Tuscany is very large, a very large fee is charged for currency exchange.
6. The main form of public transport in Tuscany is bus. Travelers should be aware that not bus stops are marked with special signs. Their location, as well as bus schedules has to be specified in advance.
7. Those planning to travel around Tuscany by car should prepare for obstacles. Even large cities consist of narrow winding streets, many of which provide one-way traffic.
Tuscany is one of the most attractive regions of Italy from a tourist point of view, as there are about 7,000 accommodation places on its territory. Historic hotels are widespread in the … Open
Preparing your trip to Tuscany: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Tuscany - unique sights
San GimignanoFrom the series “The Last City-Fortresses Survived to This Day”
Check on the map: Distance from Tuscany center - 12 km.Apart from the old buildings in the town were saved many old squares. One of the most beautiful is the Piazza del Cisterna Square. Next to the Piazza del Duomo Square there are a lot of outstanding buildings. The wonderful Popolo Palace is one of them. It is dated from the end of the 13th century. In our time the old city is known for its variety of unique museums and cultural venues. San Gimignano Museum has placed in two marvellous palaces. This museum is the largest in the town. The exposition is placed in 10 galleries. The most outstanding item of the museum is the reduction of the old town. … Read further
Old Town of San GimignanoFrom the series “16 Most Fascinating Objects of Unesco in Italy”
Check on the map: Distance from Tuscany center - 18.4 km.On the territory of the historical centre you also can find some marvellous palaces. One of them is the Communal Palace, which was built in the first part of the 14th century. Nowadays it is a home for an outstanding art gallery. Gamucci Palace and Ficarelli Palace have placed in their halls the items from the main city museum. Experienced tourists try to visit San Gimignano at last weekends of July for the traditional art festival. … Read further
Fortezza Medicea RestaurantFrom the series “The Most Exotic Restaurants in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Tuscany center - 21.1 km.The spacious dining room, which accommodates about a hundred guests, was furnished in the prison dining room. During the reconstruction, the original equipment was completely preserved. Even the most economical tourists can have dinner in one of the most original restaurants on the planet. Dinner costs about 25 euros. The humble 'prison feast' consists of a meal and a glass of wine. All the dishes presented in the menu are fairly simple; Paste is one of the most popular among them. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Tuscany and surroundings
Photos of Tuscany
Travelling to Tuscany - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Tuscany. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.