Preparing your trip to Rome: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are advised to make sightseeing on foot because amazing and unforgettable attractions are located here right at every step.
2. Those tourists, who want to make a trip to Vatican, should pick up clothes really carefully. No short skirts, dresses with deep neckline and shorts are available.
3. It is recommended to leave tips in local restaurants and cafes. The usual amount of tips is approximately 10% of the total bill.
4. A big break for lunch, which usually lasts from 13:00 to 16:00, is common for local residents. At this time of a day are closed the majority of shops and public institutions.
6. The city is very convenient to travel by subway. Special coupons for travel can be purchased at newsstands or in special kiosks that are located near each station.
7. A phrase book will not be a spare item during your rest in Rome. Not all sellers in shops and locals speak foreign languages.
Pantheon, Sant Agnese in Agone, St. John Lateran Basilica, Santa Maria Maggiore, Galleria Borghese, as well as many others, they all become the world's cultural heritage objects and remain as iconic monuments for Rome … Open
9. The public transport has a system of discounts. Such groups of passengers as children, students and people of retirement age are eligible for price reductions. In order to get the discount you should prepare all necessary documents that confirm the status in advance.
10. Those tourists, who decide to make a trip to the catacombs of St. Callista, are recommended to bring warm clothes with them. The temperature in the caves never exceeds 15 degrees by Celsius and walk through them lasts more than an hour.
Preparing your trip to Rome: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Rome - unique sights
Fontana di TreviFrom the series “The most spectacular fountains in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Rome center - 0.1 km.The antique sculptures, adorning the Trevi Fountain, harmonize with the façade of the ancient palace, which makes the fountain even more irresistible. In the middle of the sculpture composition of the fountain is the statue of the ancient god Neptune, surrounded by the incredibly beautiful bas-reliefs and allegorical figures. The ancient Trevi Fountain also attracts the couples who wish to perpetuate their feelings. In the right part of the fountain there are the so-called 'Lieberöhrchen'. When you drink the water from them, the love bands become indestructible. … Read further
ColosseumFrom the series “Ancient amphitheaters and arenas, that are still operational”
Check on the map: Distance from Rome center - 1.3 km.Until recently, the unique antique attraction was available to tourists for free visits. But after the last reconstruction, the Coliseum is under state protection and can only be visited within the framework of organized excursions. Another great way to feel part of the ancient world is to visit one of the concerts or performances, taking place in the ancient arena. Particularly beautiful is the ancient sight in the evening, when it is decorated with carefully formed illumination. … Read further
Basilica di San Giovanni in LateranoFrom the series “ Survived artifacts of early Christian civilization”
Check on the map: Distance from Rome center - 2.4 km.The basilica was attended by a huge number of pilgrims, many of whom brought their generous gifts. In the 5th century, the basilica was completely looted and partially destroyed by vandals, but quickly recovered. Today is still a place to store the most important Christian relics. The sculpture of the Emperor Constantine, as well as busts of Saints Peter and Paul stand out of the other items in the temple. The walls are decorated with beautiful frescoes, and the floor is covered with artful mosaic. One of the main historical artifacts is the organ dating back to the 16th century. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Rome and surroundings
Photos of Rome
Travelling to Rome - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Rome. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.