Preparing your trip to Rome: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are advised to make sightseeing on foot because amazing and unforgettable attractions are located here right at every step.
2. Those tourists, who want to make a trip to Vatican, should pick up clothes really carefully. No short skirts, dresses with deep neckline and shorts are available.
3. It is recommended to leave tips in local restaurants and cafes. The usual amount of tips is approximately 10% of the total bill.
4. A big break for lunch, which usually lasts from 13:00 to 16:00, is common for local residents. At this time of a day are closed the majority of shops and public institutions.
6. The city is very convenient to travel by subway. Special coupons for travel can be purchased at newsstands or in special kiosks that are located near each station.
7. A phrase book will not be a spare item during your rest in Rome. Not all sellers in shops and locals speak foreign languages.
Many tourists may find the habits of local residents quite unusual. Thus, when gallant and polite Italians gather in the crowd, they can create a real "crush". You may be surprised, but such … Open
9. The public transport has a system of discounts. Such groups of passengers as children, students and people of retirement age are eligible for price reductions. In order to get the discount you should prepare all necessary documents that confirm the status in advance.
10. Those tourists, who decide to make a trip to the catacombs of St. Callista, are recommended to bring warm clothes with them. The temperature in the caves never exceeds 15 degrees by Celsius and walk through them lasts more than an hour.
Preparing your trip to Rome: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Rome - unique sights
St. Peter’s BasilicaFrom the series “ Survived artifacts of early Christian civilization”
Check on the map: Distance from Rome center - 2 km.The ancient Christian church managed to keep its main shrine - the relics of St. Peter. Pilgrims from around the world come here to worship. Those who have never had religious aspirations will also find it interesting to visit the cathedral. Visitors can admire beautiful sculptures in the antique style that depict holy preachers, and admire painted domes and frescoes. The majestic cathedral has many secrets that visitors will know during the tour. Literally every reconstruction discovers new artistic masterpieces within walls of the basilica. … Read further
The Catacombs of San SebastianoFrom the series “ Survived artifacts of early Christian civilization”
Check on the map: Distance from Rome center - 5 km.They built six underground chapels and adorned the walls of dungeons with religious paintings. Some of the elements of this painting survived to the present day. Catacombs owe their current name to the Basilica of St. Sebastian that is situated nearby. It is believed that relics of the saint were kept in these dungeons. Underground structures are of great interest not only for pilgrims, but also for researchers, who study the survived frescoes and murals. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Rome and surroundings
Photos of Rome
Travelling to Rome - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Rome. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.