Preparing your trip to Bari: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The best way to exchange money is to visit the local banks, which usually offer much more favorable rates comparing to exchange offices. As a rule, banks operate from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 16:00. Some banks are closed during a day for a small lunch break.
2. Public transport is one of the most convenient ways to travel around the city. Bus tickets must be purchased in advance. You can buy them in any newspaper or tobacco outlet.
3. You probably won’t be able to catch a taxi on the streets of the city in a familiar way. In order to get a taxi, you will need to book it in advance or find a car stop where taxis are parked. Note that taxi rates are usually slightly increased in the evening and on weekends.
4. In Bari are located numerous organizations that provide car rental services. In order to rent a car, you will need an international driver's license, as well as credit card with the required amount of collateral in its account. Persons under the age of 25 years and travellers who received a driver's license less than a year ago may be rejected to rent car.
6. The power supply voltage is 220 V. All hotels are equipped with standard European wall outlets. The standard time for checkout in vast majority of hotel complexes is 12:00.
7. There are quite many upscale restaurants in the city. Rates in them are not cheap. Travellers, who expect to save on food, are recommended to visit cafes and bistros, which can literally be found on every street. Many cafes sell food that can be taken away. Large restaurants accept food delivery orders.
9. Fans of shopping are recommended to visit Bari during summer and winter sales, which last from June to September and from January to March respectively.
10. Do not forget to leave tips to maids, waiters, and porters. A tip of one euro will be sufficient. In large restaurants the size of tips can be somewhat larger. However, leaving more than five Euros for service is not common in the local restaurants.
Preparing your trip to Bari: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bari - unique sights
Grotta Palazzese RestaurantFrom the series “The Most Exotic Restaurants in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Bari center - 34.7 km.The lime cave, one of the most famous restaurants on the planet, is 25 meters above sea level, so you can admire the impressive coastal panorama. The restaurant's menu will appeal to the gourmets who like seafood. Here you can taste the delicious Thai-style squid, as well as the grilled shrimp with garlic. The prices in the restaurant Grotta Palazzese are quite high. The average price for a court is more than 100 US dollars. … Read further
Castel del MonteFrom the series “16 Most Fascinating Objects of Unesco in Italy”
Check on the map: Distance from Bari center - 48.8 km.The castle has quite a complex interior arrangement. All halls are similar and run into one another, that’s why it is quite easy to get lost there. The emperor Friedrich II Rotbart was a fan of science and did some researchers. Contemporary historians claim that such unusual form was connected with the academic career. The castle has a lot of outstanding details one of them is the spiral stairs. They are going to the left, not as in classical defensive buildings. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bari and surroundings
Photos of Bari
Travelling to Bari - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bari. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.