Preparing your trip to Menorca: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists having enough time should not limit their visit just to the exploration of the island only. Ships are cruising among the islands of the archipelago each day giving a perfect chance to visit other areas and explore their landmarks. As a rule the cost of the trip from one island to another will not exceed 30 Euro.
2. The tourist season lasts from the beginning of April till the end of October. The rainiest month of the year is August. Travelers planning rich sightseeing tour are not recommended to visit the island in December as this period features high winds and frequent heavy rains being rather unfavorable for touring.
3. During trips through the island one should attentively listen to the guide as without his or her permission touching strange plants and flowers is forbidden. Local people take good care of nature that is why any harming of plants or discarding rubbish over the area will be charged with heavy fines.
4. The beaches are kept excellently clean and have been awarded for the highest ecological safety. All the largest beaches feature rental centers for sporting and beach equipment the price of which is rather affordable.
6. Purchases should better be paid in national currency. The currency can be exchanged in one of the numerous banks. The banks operate from Monday till Friday and serve the customers from 9.00 till 14.00. Private exchange offices work seven days a week however these apply high transaction fees.
7. The island is convenient for car cruising. The cars for rent are offered by many rental centers. To rent a car one will need passport and international driving license. Clients under 21 and those driving a car for less than one year may be denied in serviced rendering.
Menorca is often referred to as the island of fire and winds. The island is mentioned in numerous interesting legends. Thus, the name of the island of fire was given to Menorca by the … Open
Preparing your trip to Menorca: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Menorca - unique sights
Cova den Xoroi BarFrom the series “The Most Extraordinary Bars and Café on the Planet”
Check on the map: Distance from Menorca center - 10.4 km.The cave is rather big, that's why there was possible to place several isolated rooms. Some rooms have real "windows" – holes in the wall of the cliff. From them, you can admire the sea landscapes. Unique "Cova den Xoroi Bar" is also popular among loving couples. In a spacious room there are a lot of private corners, where you will be alone with your partner without strangers’ eyes. Travelers, who love unusual romantic adventures, have to visit "Cova den Xoroi Bar" in the evening. From the terrace you can see how the sun sets over the sea. In this extraordinary place it is an unforgettable scene. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Menorca and surroundings
Photos of Menorca
Travelling to Menorca - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Menorca. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.