Preparing your trip to Barcelona: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are advised to be especially careful and keep valuables away from prying eyes. Despite the fact that Barcelona is quite a safe city, you should not tempt fate and leave bags and clothes. If you lose valuable items, you should contact the police to get insurance.
2. Tourists will find much interesting in «Guia del Ocio» newspaper as it throws the light on the upcoming cultural events and excursions. You can buy it in any newsagent.
3. Since dinners are rather late in Barcelona, you should not go to restaurants earlier than 9 pm. Many restaurants and cafes have already adjusted their working hours to the European mode, but some restaurants still offer the evening menu at nightfall.
4. When you visit cafes and restaurants, do not take the first free table; the waiter will show you the right place. Tips usually estimate 5 - 10% of the total order and are a must in dining facilities of any level.
6. Those tourists, who expect to spend a lot of time in trips, should definitely buy a pass for the tour bus, which runs through the city starting from the early morning and up to late evening. The cost of the pass is around 16 euros and it is valid one day.
7. Subway is another convenient way to travel around the city. The price of a trip is around 1 euro.
Your active city break in Barcelona. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Barcelona attracts a huge number of fans of outdoor activities. Here travelers can try most original and unforgettable entertainments. The coastal zone is simply perfect for water sports. … Open
9. Currency is better to be exchanged in banks or special exchange offices. We should note that not all exchange offices charge a fee, so one can easily exchange money at a favorable rate and with no extra expenses in the city.
Preparing your trip to Barcelona: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Barcelona - unique sights
Sagrada FamiliaFrom the series “15 unofficial man-made wonders of the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Barcelona center - 1 km.Fine stained glass windows and a variety of shapes and sizes, spiral staircases and tall columns make appearance unusual. Interior decoration of the temple made it Barcelona's main tourist attraction and the outstanding architectural project of global significance. The building plan designed by great master Gaudi is so complicated that even at the present level of technological development it will be possible to finish the construction not earlier than 2026. Sagrada Familia is in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. That's one of the most visited attractions in the world. … Read further
Vila De GraciaFrom the series “Top 13 most fantastic and colorful streets and quarters”
Check on the map: Distance from Barcelona center - 2 km.In recent years, the celebration has acquired a distinct environmental focus. Only recycled secondary materials are used for street decoration of Villa de Gracia. The process turned into a real competition, and literally any team can participate there. Each group presents an installation to the audience and the jury. The winner is selected on the last day. Those who are going to visit Barcelona in August should definitely walk along this fabulous street that is one of the brightest and most unusual in the world. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Barcelona and surroundings
Photos of Barcelona
Travelling to Barcelona - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Barcelona. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.