Preparing your trip to Barcelona: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are advised to be especially careful and keep valuables away from prying eyes. Despite the fact that Barcelona is quite a safe city, you should not tempt fate and leave bags and clothes. If you lose valuable items, you should contact the police to get insurance.
2. Tourists will find much interesting in «Guia del Ocio» newspaper as it throws the light on the upcoming cultural events and excursions. You can buy it in any newsagent.
3. Since dinners are rather late in Barcelona, you should not go to restaurants earlier than 9 pm. Many restaurants and cafes have already adjusted their working hours to the European mode, but some restaurants still offer the evening menu at nightfall.
4. When you visit cafes and restaurants, do not take the first free table; the waiter will show you the right place. Tips usually estimate 5 - 10% of the total order and are a must in dining facilities of any level.
6. Those tourists, who expect to spend a lot of time in trips, should definitely buy a pass for the tour bus, which runs through the city starting from the early morning and up to late evening. The cost of the pass is around 16 euros and it is valid one day.
7. Subway is another convenient way to travel around the city. The price of a trip is around 1 euro.
A family vacation in Barcelona is always an amazing holiday that will leave many pleasant and warm memories. This city has a well-developed infrastructure with entertainment for every taste … Open
9. Currency is better to be exchanged in banks or special exchange offices. We should note that not all exchange offices charge a fee, so one can easily exchange money at a favorable rate and with no extra expenses in the city.
Preparing your trip to Barcelona: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Barcelona - unique sights
Vila De GraciaFrom the series “Top 13 most fantastic and colorful streets and quarters”
Check on the map: Distance from Barcelona center - 2.5 km.In recent years, the celebration has acquired a distinct environmental focus. Only recycled secondary materials are used for street decoration of Villa de Gracia. The process turned into a real competition, and literally any team can participate there. Each group presents an installation to the audience and the jury. The winner is selected on the last day. Those who are going to visit Barcelona in August should definitely walk along this fabulous street that is one of the brightest and most unusual in the world. … Read further
Catalunya en MiniaturaFrom the series “Famous miniature museums of architectural objects and cities”
Check on the map: Distance from Barcelona center - 15.8 km.The most spectacular is the model of the Church of the Holy Family, as well as the model of the Park Guell with its fabulously beautiful "gingerbread" houses. Among the miniature bushes and trees you can see a colorful building of the Salvador Dali Museum-Theater. Football fans will definitely like the model of the "Camp Nou" stadium. The theme park is notable not only for the variety of objects, but also for its geographical accuracy. An artificial sea makes it as realistic as possible, about two million liters of water are required to create its model. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Barcelona and surroundings
Photos of Barcelona
Travelling to Barcelona - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Barcelona. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.