Preparing your trip to Barcelona: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are advised to be especially careful and keep valuables away from prying eyes. Despite the fact that Barcelona is quite a safe city, you should not tempt fate and leave bags and clothes. If you lose valuable items, you should contact the police to get insurance.
2. Tourists will find much interesting in «Guia del Ocio» newspaper as it throws the light on the upcoming cultural events and excursions. You can buy it in any newsagent.
3. Since dinners are rather late in Barcelona, you should not go to restaurants earlier than 9 pm. Many restaurants and cafes have already adjusted their working hours to the European mode, but some restaurants still offer the evening menu at nightfall.
4. When you visit cafes and restaurants, do not take the first free table; the waiter will show you the right place. Tips usually estimate 5 - 10% of the total order and are a must in dining facilities of any level.
6. Those tourists, who expect to spend a lot of time in trips, should definitely buy a pass for the tour bus, which runs through the city starting from the early morning and up to late evening. The cost of the pass is around 16 euros and it is valid one day.
7. Subway is another convenient way to travel around the city. The price of a trip is around 1 euro.
A family vacation in Barcelona is always an amazing holiday that will leave many pleasant and warm memories. This city has a well-developed infrastructure with entertainment for every taste … Open
9. Currency is better to be exchanged in banks or special exchange offices. We should note that not all exchange offices charge a fee, so one can easily exchange money at a favorable rate and with no extra expenses in the city.
Preparing your trip to Barcelona: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Barcelona - unique sights
Sagrada FamiliaFrom the series “15 Unofficial Man-Made Wonders of the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Barcelona center - 1.9 km.Fine stained glass windows and a variety of shapes and sizes, spiral staircases and tall columns make appearance unusual. Interior decoration of the temple made it Barcelona's main tourist attraction and the outstanding architectural project of global significance. The building plan designed by great master Gaudi is so complicated that even at the present level of technological development it will be possible to finish the construction not earlier than 2026. Sagrada Familia is in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. That's one of the most visited attractions in the world. … Read further
Waterfront in BarcelonaFrom the series “The Most Beautiful Waterfronts and Embankments”
Check on the map: Distance from Barcelona center - 2.1 km.Near the embankment there is a huge shopping mall "Maremagnum". There you will find not only shops but also cafes. The Columb's Column is one more significant place at the embankment. Next to it the wharf has placed. There you can see several yachts. If you want, you can go with the captains to the open sea. Those, who will be with children, have to visit the Barcelona's Aquarium. It is one of the most beautiful and outstanding in Europe. … Read further
Fuente magica de MontjuicFrom the series “The Most Spectacular Fountains in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Barcelona center - 2.3 km.The 3 620 beams of the fountain form three circles of different diameters. They swing in the rhythm of the music and fall to the ground with the pleasant noise. Every second, 2 600 liters of water are pumped through the fountain mechanisms, which ensures the impressive dynamism. Every year around 2.5 million people come to visit the unique sights of Barcelona. Remarkable that the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc works all year round. Light music shows are held here several times a week and last from one and a half to two hours, during which the rest can enjoy the classical music, the magical light effects and the harmony of the water element. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Barcelona and surroundings
Photos of Barcelona
Travelling to Barcelona - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Barcelona. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.