Preparing your trip to Lyon: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The period from early May to late September is considered a high season. At this time, the weather is the most favorable; it’s good for walking, as rains are very rare. Tourists, who plan to visit Lyon during this period, have to take care about booking a room in advance.
2. In Lyon all possible forms of public transport are available. In addition to buses, trolley buses and subway, there are two funiculars connecting the historic district with Fourvière hill, which also houses several important sightseeing objects.
3. One type of ticket is used for all modes of public transport; the ticket price for a single trip is 1.5 euros. Travelers, who expect to use services of public transport actively, are recommended to buy travel cards. They can be designed for a day or a week; when buying a ticket for 10 trips you can reckon on a good discount.
4. Late in the evening the only available mode of transport is taxi. It has to be called by phone or taken on special parking. The most competitive rates are offered by Taxis Lyonnais and Allo Taxi.
6. Shoppers should be aware that it is profitable to pay for purchases with national currency. Foreign currency in major shopping complexes can be taken at very disadvantageous exchange rate; in small shops you probably won’t succeed in paying with foreign currency.
7. It’s better to change currency in one of the local banks, however, it is necessary to pay attention to the commission charged. In private exchange offices rates aren’t the most profitable, and sometimes the commission can be up to 15% of the convertible amount.
It’s worth to start a story about the best restaurants of Lyon with Les Compagnons, as this French restaurant has gained immense popularity among travelers. Pleasant interior, an … Open
Preparing your trip to Lyon: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Lyon - unique sights
Le Palais IdealFrom the series “The Most Wonderful Castles and Palaces”
Check on the map: Distance from Lyon center - 59.1 km.The fantastic building was literally constructed of command materials - stones, wire and cement mortar found on the street. Carrying the letters, the messenger has collected on the streets everything that could serve as a building material. The extent of the Ideal Palace is quite impressive. Its length is 26 meters, and the width - 14 meters. The height of the building varies from 8 to 10 meters, its facade is decorated with the incredibly interesting sculpture compositions of different styles. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Lyon and surroundings
Photos of Lyon
Travelling to Lyon - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Lyon. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.