Preparing your trip to Geneva: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Local hotels, as well as the majority of restaurants and nightlife facilities are distinguished by rather high rates. Those, who wish to save, are recommended to pick a hotel near the river and visit entertainment venues that are located away from the center. The most affordable restaurants for travellers are located close to the university.
2. The best to move in the city is to use the public transport. If you want to save more, you can buy a special ticket that allows saving up to 50% of the total sum.
3. There are a lot of pedestrian zones in the city, so you should not deny yourself from the pleasure of walking on these beautiful places.
4. The majority of residents and tourists prefer other types of transport like bikes. Motorists are very attentive to cyclists, and you can reach virtually any part of the city using your two-wheeled friend. Not very comfortable cobblestone streets are the only obstacle on the way of a cyclist.
6. The amount of tips in local restaurants usually ranges from 5 to 15% of the total bill. Leave tips only after waiter returns the change to you. During a taxi ride it is also usual to leave a small gratuity to the taxi driver.
7. Night clubs and restaurants in Geneva are quite expensive. The most affordable nightlife entertainments are located in remote areas of the city.
The right choice of a hotel allows making any vacation a romantic and unforgettable one. Couples are recommended to take a look at N’vY Manotel. This hotel is a wonderful combination … Open
Preparing your trip to Geneva: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Geneva - unique sights
Flower Clock in the English GardenFrom the series “Enchanting Flower Clocks Built by Humans”
Check on the map: Distance from Geneva center - 0.8 km.Each year, the best florists, designers, gardeners, and watchmakers in Switzerland work on building the clock. Despite the fact that the flower installation on the shore of Lake Geneva has long given its leading position on the scale, it still possesses a kind of record. This clock has the longest second hand in the world. It’s also worth noting that the clock mechanism is electronic. In the coming years, experts expect to replace it with mechanical one and make a special window through which curious visitors will be able to observe the work of clock. … Read further
YvoireFrom the series “Nooks and Villages That Are More Colorful Than Top Touristic Destinations”
Check on the map: Distance from Geneva center - 23.5 km.Yvoire is one of the few villages in France, where for hundreds of years, the inhabitants have been cherishing good historical traditions. For example, in summer they decorate houses and streets with flowers. That’s why travelers are advised to visit the village during warmer months. Travellers who decide to see one of the most beautiful villages in France, will be able to admire the preserved medieval fortifications, visit wonderful local restaurants serving homemade food, and choose unique souvenirs in the local craft shops. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Geneva and surroundings
Photos of Geneva
Travelling to Geneva - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Geneva. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.