Preparing your trip to Burgundy: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1.Travelers deciding to buy local wine as a souvenir are highly recommended to go to one of the wineries. All of them have specialty stores, where customers are offered to taste interesting varieties of wine before buying.
2. It won’t be difficult to get from Bourgogne to the capital of the country. There are daily TGV trains from Dijon to Paris; a journey takes no more than 2 hours. This option would be ideal for those who wish to see the sights of Paris and save on accommodation in luxury hotels of the capital.
3. The most popular way to travel is private car, as you can’t get to some small towns and wineries using public transport. You can rent a car in any city of the province; it would require a standard set of documents.
4. Bicycle is a popular mode of transport in Bourgogne; you can travel by two-wheeled transport through the territory of all cities. Every year the system of special lanes for cyclists is upgraded, so clean transport is of great demand.
6. All major cities of the province have great tourist centers; even experienced travelers are recommended to use them. There you can take a free city map and brochures describing sights, and get a lot of useful information about the city's cultural life and coming events.
7. Bourgogne is a perfect holiday destination for fans of event tourism. Various festivals are held there throughout the year. A significant part of holiday performances is absolutely free.
French Bourgogne is situates on the border between northern and southern Europe. A considerable part of its territory is occupied by pristine lakes and rich vineyards; many world famous … Open
Preparing your trip to Burgundy: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
France: travelling advices5. The older generations of French residents do not speak English. If you do not know French, communicate better with young people in English.
6. Active leisure activities are very popular in France. Tourists can choose any route independently and go on a trip without a tour operator. However, it is important to remember that the entrance to the national parks can be paid.
7. Fishing in France is possible only after purchasing a special license.
8. Summer in France is very hot. The weather varies greatly depending on the region. The best time for a sightseeing trip is May and September-October. … Open
Photos of Burgundy
Travelling to Burgundy - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Burgundy. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.