One of the best ways of saving money during a trip is to order less food. Portions in local restaurants are much bigger than normal portions served in European institutions.
2. If you want to get to a museum or to a popular restaurant, you are highly recommended to check the availability of tickets of empty seats in advance. Ordering tickets to some excursions and booking tables in some institutions must be done in advance.
3. Do not enter empty wagons in the city’s subway. When you make a walk in the city, it is also recommended to stay in crowded places.
For many people the national cuisine of the United States has always been associated with fast food, but you need to visit just a couple of restaurants and bars in New York to change this point of...
At night travelers are advised to use transport.
While visiting a public institution, you should not forget to look at your personal belongings. This is particularly true for subways and shopping malls that have become so called "working areas" for pickpockets.
The most convenient way of travelling in the city is by buses and subway. Tickets for a ride can be purchased in special vending machines “Ticket Vending Machine”. These machines accept both cash and credit cards of international standard.
In the city you will see many stalls that offer customers to buy pastries and traditional fast food. You will also see many Fried Nuts kiosks, in which you can buy various nuts.
Zagat reference service is the simplest way to find out about upcoming cultural events and specify the work of museums.
9. You will see Emergency Rescue Service Box outlets close to all major government agencies and trading complexes. From these boxes you can call emergency, the police and the fire department.
10. You will also see national guardsmen on almost all the streets of the city. You can contact them to get help and clarify how to get to some places of interest.
11. New York, just like any other large city, has a problem of shortage of parking spaces. Those tourists, who will rent a car, are recommended to be extra attentive to the road signs as a fine for parking in the wrong place can be quite high.
One of the best ways to get acquainted with the sights of the city is to use the service of a rickshaw. As a rule, rickshaws work near all major parks and entertainment centers.
New York guide pages:
This article about New York is under a copyright of the orangesmile.com editorial team, and can only be re-used with a direct link to www.orangesmile.com