Preparing your trip to New York: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. One of the best ways of saving money during a trip is to order less food. Portions in local restaurants are much bigger than normal portions served in European institutions.
2. If you want to get to a museum or to a popular restaurant, you are highly recommended to check the availability of tickets of empty seats in advance. Ordering tickets to some excursions and booking tables in some institutions must be done in advance.
3. Do not enter empty wagons in the city’s subway. When you make a walk in the city, it is also recommended to stay in crowded places.
4. At night travelers are advised to use transport.
6. The most convenient way of travelling in the city is by buses and subway. Tickets for a ride can be purchased in special vending machines “Ticket Vending Machine”. These machines accept both cash and credit cards of international standard.
7. In the city you will see many stalls that offer customers to buy pastries and traditional fast food. You will also see many Fried Nuts kiosks, in which you can buy various nuts.
Travelers, who want to spend a romantic holiday in lively and crowded New York, are recommended to pay attention to 6 Columbus - A SIXTY. Besides romantic décor of guest rooms, this hotel … Open
9. You will see Emergency Rescue Service Box outlets close to all major government agencies and trading complexes. From these boxes you can call emergency, the police and the fire department.
10. You will also see national guardsmen on almost all the streets of the city. You can contact them to get help and clarify how to get to some places of interest.
11. New York, just like any other large city, has a problem of shortage of parking spaces. Those tourists, who will rent a car, are recommended to be extra attentive to the road signs as a fine for parking in the wrong place can be quite high.
12. One of the best ways to get acquainted with the sights of the city is to use the service of a rickshaw. As a rule, rickshaws work near all major parks and entertainment centers. Next: Unusual weekend in New York
Preparing your trip to New York: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
New York guide chapters: Guide intro Family trip with kids Cuisine & restaurants Traditions & lifestyle Culture: sights to visit Attractions & nightlife Tips for tourists Unusual weekend in New York Extraordinary hotels Stylish design-hotels Luxury accommodation Hotels with history Legendary hotels Romantic hotels Shopping in New York Top sightseeing Architecture & monuments
What to visit being in New York - unique sights
Freedom TowerFrom the series “The Highest Buildings in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 0.5 km.The height of the building is 541 meters. The main element of the Freedom Tower aimed at tourists is an observation deck, which is equipped at an altitude of 417 meters. The tower's name, as well as its height, is very symbolic. Freedom Tower is directed towards the sky at exactly 1776 feet, as in 1776 Declaration of Independence of the United States took place. Locals believed it to be doubtful to erect another grandiose skyscraper on the scene of 2001. In memory of past events, many townspeople call the spectacular skyscraper ‘Tower of Terror.’ … Read further
Waterfront in New YorkFrom the series “The Most Beautiful Waterfronts and Embankments”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 1 km.Tourists seldom visit this place, notwithstanding this, there has placed a small café, where are presented good desserts and freshly brewed coffee. At the embankment there is a big Pepsi sign. It is a good mark for tourists. On the opposite side form the sign you will see the quay with ferries. You can stay at this picturesque place longer. Not far from the embankment there is the famous Vietnamese cuisine restaurant "Cyclo". … Read further
Cotton Exchange BuildingFrom the series “Famous Buildings of Renaissance Architecture”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 1.1 km.Restaurants attract visitors with their solemn and aristocratic atmosphere. There you can see not only the antique traditional furniture but also a great number of decorations, for example, delicate old ship miniatures. In the halls, you can find an outstanding collection of old paintings. In the evening you can adore the live music of different genres. If you are not a fan of restaurants, you can relax in the Blue Bar. This place isn’t worse than the luxurious restaurants. It is also full of historical charm. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in New York and surroundings
Photos of New York
Travelling to New York - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in New York. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.