Preparing your trip to New York: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. One of the best ways of saving money during a trip is to order less food. Portions in local restaurants are much bigger than normal portions served in European institutions.
2. If you want to get to a museum or to a popular restaurant, you are highly recommended to check the availability of tickets of empty seats in advance. Ordering tickets to some excursions and booking tables in some institutions must be done in advance.
3. Do not enter empty wagons in the city’s subway. When you make a walk in the city, it is also recommended to stay in crowded places.
4. At night travelers are advised to use transport.
6. The most convenient way of travelling in the city is by buses and subway. Tickets for a ride can be purchased in special vending machines “Ticket Vending Machine”. These machines accept both cash and credit cards of international standard.
7. In the city you will see many stalls that offer customers to buy pastries and traditional fast food. You will also see many Fried Nuts kiosks, in which you can buy various nuts.
Statue of Liberty, Chrysler Building, Cathedral of Saint John the Divine, Riverside Church, 1 World Trade Center, St. Patrick Cathedral, as well as many others, they all become the world's cultural heritage objects and remain as iconic monuments for New York … Open
9. You will see Emergency Rescue Service Box outlets close to all major government agencies and trading complexes. From these boxes you can call emergency, the police and the fire department.
10. You will also see national guardsmen on almost all the streets of the city. You can contact them to get help and clarify how to get to some places of interest.
11. New York, just like any other large city, has a problem of shortage of parking spaces. Those tourists, who will rent a car, are recommended to be extra attentive to the road signs as a fine for parking in the wrong place can be quite high.
12. One of the best ways to get acquainted with the sights of the city is to use the service of a rickshaw. As a rule, rickshaws work near all major parks and entertainment centers.
Preparing your trip to New York: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in New York - unique sights
Hearst TowerFrom the series “Elegant architectural structures for fans of skywalks”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 6 km.The lower part of the skyscraper is also quite unique. That’s a historic building that was built in 1928. This six-story building has become a kind of foundation for the cutting-edge construction. Travelers who manage to get inside the surprising skyscraper will be able to admire its magnificent lobby with a ceiling that is 20 meters high. Everything is special in this unusual skyscraper, including high-speed smart elevators that lift passengers to the desired floor as fast as possible. … Read further
Empire State BuildingFrom the series “Breathtaking high-altitude observation points with panoramic views on cities”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 4 km.Since day one, the observation deck was visited by over 110 million people. One of the main advantages of the site is its all-round visibility. In 1999, another site, which is located on the 102nd floor, was opened. It is covered; the area is smaller than the lower viewing platform. A lot of amazing rides wait for fans of thrills in the Empire State Building. These include New York Skyride that is a simulator of air travel around the city. … Read further
High Line ParkFrom the series “Top 16 most unusual and original parks and gardens”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 3 km.Many people come to the park to just sit on a bench on a sunny day. For others, it has become a favorite place for jogging. The trestle was never dismantled after the operation stopped running, so it can be considered a historical landmark. It was built in the 30s of the last century in order to remove freight trains from city streets. The height of the overpass is 10 meters, so the park provides excellent environment for admiring the surrounding scenery. The park is well equipped, it has several entrances with stairs and special elevators, so disabled people can visit the High Line Park too. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in New York and surroundings
Photos of New York
Travelling to New York - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in New York. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.