Preparing your trip to New York: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. One of the best ways of saving money during a trip is to order less food. Portions in local restaurants are much bigger than normal portions served in European institutions.
2. If you want to get to a museum or to a popular restaurant, you are highly recommended to check the availability of tickets of empty seats in advance. Ordering tickets to some excursions and booking tables in some institutions must be done in advance.
3. Do not enter empty wagons in the city’s subway. When you make a walk in the city, it is also recommended to stay in crowded places.
4. At night travelers are advised to use transport.
6. The most convenient way of travelling in the city is by buses and subway. Tickets for a ride can be purchased in special vending machines “Ticket Vending Machine”. These machines accept both cash and credit cards of international standard.
7. In the city you will see many stalls that offer customers to buy pastries and traditional fast food. You will also see many Fried Nuts kiosks, in which you can buy various nuts.
Travelers, who want to spend a romantic holiday in lively and crowded New York, are recommended to pay attention to 6 Columbus - A SIXTY. Besides romantic décor of guest rooms, this hotel … Open
9. You will see Emergency Rescue Service Box outlets close to all major government agencies and trading complexes. From these boxes you can call emergency, the police and the fire department.
10. You will also see national guardsmen on almost all the streets of the city. You can contact them to get help and clarify how to get to some places of interest.
11. New York, just like any other large city, has a problem of shortage of parking spaces. Those tourists, who will rent a car, are recommended to be extra attentive to the road signs as a fine for parking in the wrong place can be quite high.
12. One of the best ways to get acquainted with the sights of the city is to use the service of a rickshaw. As a rule, rickshaws work near all major parks and entertainment centers.
Preparing your trip to New York: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in New York - unique sights
Hearst TowerFrom the series “Elegant Architectural Structures for Fans of Skywalks”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 6.1 km.The lower part of the skyscraper is also quite unique. That’s a historic building that was built in 1928. This six-story building has become a kind of foundation for the cutting-edge construction. Travelers who manage to get inside the surprising skyscraper will be able to admire its magnificent lobby with a ceiling that is 20 meters high. Everything is special in this unusual skyscraper, including high-speed smart elevators that lift passengers to the desired floor as fast as possible. … Read further
Grand Central New YorkFrom the series “Top 14 Most Astonishing Railway Stations in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 4.9 km.The historical New York station has its own secrets. People had recently become aware of the secret platform of the Grand Central New York. The platform was used just once during the reign of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. He used this platform for his own train. The building is richly decorated with the sculptures. If you are a fan of them, you will spend a great time there. Also, it is important to note, that the Grand Central New York is one of the most cinematographic stations in the world. … Read further
Statue of Liberty StairsFrom the series “Furious Footways Around the World That Make You Dizzy”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 4.3 km.Despite the fact that the staircase inside the Statue of Liberty is modern and seems quite reliable, not everyone dare to walk along it. The staircase is very narrow and cramped, it will be extremely difficult to cross it on two walking people. In addition, the ladder has a lot of sharp bends and turns, which also significantly complicates the process of recovery. To overcome this difficult path, you will need not only strong legs and nerves, but also a strong vestibular apparatus. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in New York and surroundings
Photos of New York
Travelling to New York - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in New York. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.