Preparing your trip to New York: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. One of the best ways of saving money during a trip is to order less food. Portions in local restaurants are much bigger than normal portions served in European institutions.
2. If you want to get to a museum or to a popular restaurant, you are highly recommended to check the availability of tickets of empty seats in advance. Ordering tickets to some excursions and booking tables in some institutions must be done in advance.
3. Do not enter empty wagons in the city’s subway. When you make a walk in the city, it is also recommended to stay in crowded places.
4. At night travelers are advised to use transport.
6. The most convenient way of travelling in the city is by buses and subway. Tickets for a ride can be purchased in special vending machines “Ticket Vending Machine”. These machines accept both cash and credit cards of international standard.
7. In the city you will see many stalls that offer customers to buy pastries and traditional fast food. You will also see many Fried Nuts kiosks, in which you can buy various nuts.
Travelers, who want to spend a romantic holiday in lively and crowded New York, are recommended to pay attention to 6 Columbus - A SIXTY. Besides romantic décor of guest rooms, this hotel … Open
9. You will see Emergency Rescue Service Box outlets close to all major government agencies and trading complexes. From these boxes you can call emergency, the police and the fire department.
10. You will also see national guardsmen on almost all the streets of the city. You can contact them to get help and clarify how to get to some places of interest.
11. New York, just like any other large city, has a problem of shortage of parking spaces. Those tourists, who will rent a car, are recommended to be extra attentive to the road signs as a fine for parking in the wrong place can be quite high.
12. One of the best ways to get acquainted with the sights of the city is to use the service of a rickshaw. As a rule, rickshaws work near all major parks and entertainment centers.
Preparing your trip to New York: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in New York - unique sights
Freedom TowerFrom the series “The highest buildings in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 0.5 km.The height of the building is 541 meters. The main element of the Freedom Tower aimed at tourists is an observation deck, which is equipped at an altitude of 417 meters. The tower's name, as well as its height, is very symbolic. Freedom Tower is directed towards the sky at exactly 1776 feet, as in 1776 Declaration of Independence of the United States took place. Locals believed it to be doubtful to erect another grandiose skyscraper on the scene of 2001. In memory of past events, many townspeople call the spectacular skyscraper ‘Tower of Terror.’ … Read further
Brooklyn BridgeFrom the series “Unbelievable and magnificent bridges and viaducts”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 1.2 km.In order to regain people's trust, the authorities of New York have decided to let the elephants out of the circus in the city run across the bridge. Only after 21 elephants have crossed the bridge did the city dare have ventured back onto the bridge. The Brooklyn Bridge has a lot of secrets and puzzles. Hundreds of people claimed that they had seen the ghost on the bridge. During the reconstruction in 2006, the workers discovered the entrance into the hitherto unknown secret air-raid shelter in one of the bridges. … Read further
Hudson River ParkFrom the series “Fancy houses and hotels located on water or under water”
Check on the map: Distance from New York center - 1.8 km.According to approximate estimates, investments in the construction of the Hudson River Park will amount to about 130 million US dollars. Some of the main sponsors of the project are a businessman Barry Dealer and a famous fashion designer Diana von Furstenberg. The area of the park after the completion of the construction will reach 10000 square meters. If the project can be implemented in a full accordance with the initial one, then the park will accommodate a large amphitheater. Hudson River Park will be a great place to relax from the "stone jungle", as well as a venue for a number of significant cultural events. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in New York and surroundings
Photos of New York
Travelling to New York - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in New York. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.