Preparing your trip to Manhattan: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Experienced travelers advise to set off to the Manhattan island early spring or autumn as these periods feature the most amiable weather conditions. Summer will spoil the leisure with extreme heat however exactly during the summer period the island celebrates numerous holidays and festivals.
2. Manhattan should better be cruised on foot as it is a perfect way to visit the most significant landmarks and sights. Besides, some central streets are free of city traffic being totally pedestrian areas.
3. The optimum means of public transport is underground. The territory of the Manhattan island can be easily cruised by bus. The underground operates till late night. However tourists are not advised to travel alone by underground after 23.00.
4. Those wishing to rent a car should keep in mind that during the week the roads are rather jammed with vehilces. Reaching the city center by car is almost impossible. Many travelers prefer to leave their vehicles in the remote areas and to reach the city center by underground. Weekends the traffic is not as heavy on the central roads however the jams are quite possible.
6. Drinking of alcohol is allowed for 21 year olds and older thus setting off to a restaurant, bar or a night club young people should have documents of identification. Alcohol and spirits can be bought in specialized stores as well.
7. Manhattan bans smoking in public places. Heavy fines are charged for the ban violation. Close to every shopping and entertaining center, public institution and restaurant one will find specially equipped smoking areas. The price of tobacco goods is rather high. That is why it is reasonable to be backed up with necessary packs of cigs for the tour.
To choose a proper place to eat among numerous restaurants of Manhattan is rather challenging, however there are acknowledged leaders which won the attention and affection of tourists from … Open
9. Photo and video recording is not allowed in some museums and on the territory of some landmarks thus the rules should be specified in advance. Some museums allow photo and video recording at extra cost.
Preparing your trip to Manhattan: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Manhattan - unique sights
Empire State BuildingFrom the series “Breathtaking High-Altitude Observation Points with Panoramic Views on Cities”
Check on the map: Distance from Manhattan center - 5.5 km.Since day one, the observation deck was visited by over 110 million people. One of the main advantages of the site is its all-round visibility. In 1999, another site, which is located on the 102nd floor, was opened. It is covered; the area is smaller than the lower viewing platform. A lot of amazing rides wait for fans of thrills in the Empire State Building. These include New York Skyride that is a simulator of air travel around the city. … Read further
High Line ParkFrom the series “Top 16 Most Unusual and Original Parks and Gardens”
Check on the map: Distance from Manhattan center - 5.3 km.Many people come to the park to just sit on a bench on a sunny day. For others, it has become a favorite place for jogging. The trestle was never dismantled after the operation stopped running, so it can be considered a historical landmark. It was built in the 30s of the last century in order to remove freight trains from city streets. The height of the overpass is 10 meters, so the park provides excellent environment for admiring the surrounding scenery. The park is well equipped, it has several entrances with stairs and special elevators, so disabled people can visit the High Line Park too. … Read further
Elevator Long Island CenterFrom the series “Top 16 Most Exotic Elevators and Lifts in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Manhattan center - 5.2 km.The inside of the elevator can surprise the experienced tourists and the followers of the unique sights. A pleasant surprise for the frugal tourists - entering the business center and the trips with its original elevator are free. The peculiar 'attraction' will definitely please those tourists who like the beautiful photos in the unusual places. … Read further
Photos of Manhattan
Travelling to Manhattan - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Manhattan. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.