Preparing your trip to Baltimore: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Breakfast is not included in the cost of accommodation in vast majority of hotels. An additional fee may be charged for meals either during your checkout in a hotel or directly at a restaurant after each visit.
2. The closer a gastronomic institution is located to a hotel, the higher is the cost of meals. Tourists, who expect to save on food, are recommended to visit cafes and restaurants that are located in one of the numerous malls of Baltimore.
3. The power supply voltage is 110 V, so you may need a special adapter to use certain appliances. Sockets are also different from the European standard, so you will also need a special adapter for your gadgets with European sockets.
4. The local people are very careful to consuming the natural resources, so guests of the city’s hotel should also be economic when using water and electricity.
6. Do not forget to leave tips in the local restaurants and cafes. The average size of tips estimates 10 - 15% of the total bill. A concierge and a maid in your hotel should also receive a small reward.
7. If you want to rent a car, you will need a driver's license of the international class and a credit card. Persons under 21 and those travellers, who have received a driving license less than two years ago, may be rejected to rent a car. As a rule, cars can be rented for a period from 1 to 58 days.
Despite the fact that a choice of hotels in Baltimore is quite modest, it won’t be difficult to find a suitable place for a comfortable stay. Near the mouth of the Ilen River there is … Open
9. Persons under 21 cannot order alcoholic beverages in the bars and restaurants of the city. Also, persons under 18 are not allowed to participate in the cruises and field trips that involve the presence of an additional service of alcoholic beverages on their own.
10. Tourists should not make a walk to remote areas of the city alone even in the daytime as these regions can be quite unsafe. The best way to explore remote areas of Baltimore is together with a guide or in a large tourist group.
Preparing your trip to Baltimore: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Baltimore - unique sights
Baltimore City HallFrom the series “Famous Buildings of Renaissance Architecture”
Check on the map: Distance from Baltimore center - 0.2 km.In 1974 they made up a decision to rebuild this historical city hall and modernize its rooms for administrative needs. For reconstruction were spent about 10 million American dollars. After the reconstruction, there was a city administration as well as the town court. Today a historical building is known as a place of several famous crimes. The last much-publicized crime was in April 1976. … Read further
Union StationFrom the series “Top 14 Most Astonishing Railway Stations in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Baltimore center - 55.3 km.Another outstanding peculiarity of the Union Station is the charming inner yard. In warm seasons it is full of blooming roses. The old fountains, decorated with mosaics, have also saved in the yard. The Union Station is the central station of the city. Every day it has about 60 000 passengers. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Baltimore and surroundings
Photos of Baltimore
Travelling to Baltimore - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Baltimore. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.