Preparing your trip to Philadelphia: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Mains voltage is 110 V; the standard American-style outlet is usual for hotels. Before the trip be sure to check the compatibility of electrical appliances and take adapters for gadgets.
2. It is customary to leave a tip in local restaurants and cafes; it is usually quite high and make out 18-20% of the total bill. In some large restaurants a service charge is included into the total order; in this case, there would be ‘gratuities’ or ‘tips’ mark in the check.
3. All public places are non-smoking, so you should pay special attention to signs. As a rule, there are smoking areas close to all major venues and entertainment places. Heavy monetary fines are charged in case of rule violation.
4. When going on holiday be sure to take a copy of the identity document; it will help you to solve any misunderstandings easily. In particular, it is useful to young people who expect to purchase tobacco and alcohol, as it’s prohibited to sell them to persons under 21 years.
6. Drivers should be aware that it isn’t easy to find parking place in the city. Parking is forbidden on some streets, while other places are limited by strict time limits. Rent a car would be beneficial only to those who travel as a great company and plan to visit different areas of the city.
7. Philadelphia has the well-developed public transport system; it is possible to move freely throughout the city. It’s necessary to buy train tickets in advance; they are sold in kiosks close to all stops of public transport.
Philadelphia is a modern progressive city that stands out among the rest because of the unique atmosphere of aristocratic refinement and modesty. The city has a huge number of iconic sites … Open
Preparing your trip to Philadelphia: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Philadelphia - unique sights
Independence HallFrom the series “Famous Unesco Sites in North America”
Check on the map: Distance from Philadelphia center - 1.3 km.One of the most interesting stages of the tour is going up to the tower, which offers great views of Independence Square. Once the tower had a bell, which in 1776 called residents for proclamation of the Declaration. Now the bell is kept in a separate pavilion, and the tower features so-called centennial bell, which was made in 1876. Travelers can visit Independence Hall 365 days a year. Schedule of guided tours should be checked in advance. … Read further
Three Stooges MuseumFrom the series “Famous Museums of World Celebrities”
Check on the map: Distance from Philadelphia center - 25.7 km.Here, you can find the film with all the series of the cult show. Museum visitors will have an opportunity to go back for some time and watch their favorite series. To do this, you can visit a cinema for up to 85 seats. The museum dedicated to the cult comedy series is private. The owner, Gary Lassina, puts a lot of efforts to maintain the exposure in a decent condition. There is no permanent work schedule, so tourists who want to visit it, are advised to specify operation hours in advance. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Philadelphia and surroundings
Photos of Philadelphia
Travelling to Philadelphia - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Philadelphia. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.