Preparing your trip to Philadelphia: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Mains voltage is 110 V; the standard American-style outlet is usual for hotels. Before the trip be sure to check the compatibility of electrical appliances and take adapters for gadgets.
2. It is customary to leave a tip in local restaurants and cafes; it is usually quite high and make out 18-20% of the total bill. In some large restaurants a service charge is included into the total order; in this case, there would be ‘gratuities’ or ‘tips’ mark in the check.
3. All public places are non-smoking, so you should pay special attention to signs. As a rule, there are smoking areas close to all major venues and entertainment places. Heavy monetary fines are charged in case of rule violation.
4. When going on holiday be sure to take a copy of the identity document; it will help you to solve any misunderstandings easily. In particular, it is useful to young people who expect to purchase tobacco and alcohol, as it’s prohibited to sell them to persons under 21 years.
6. Drivers should be aware that it isn’t easy to find parking place in the city. Parking is forbidden on some streets, while other places are limited by strict time limits. Rent a car would be beneficial only to those who travel as a great company and plan to visit different areas of the city.
7. Philadelphia has the well-developed public transport system; it is possible to move freely throughout the city. It’s necessary to buy train tickets in advance; they are sold in kiosks close to all stops of public transport.
Philadelphia is a modern progressive city that stands out among the rest because of the unique atmosphere of aristocratic refinement and modesty. The city has a huge number of iconic sites … Open
Preparing your trip to Philadelphia: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Philadelphia - unique sights
Independence HallFrom the series “Famous Unesco Sites in North America”
Check on the map: Distance from Philadelphia center - 1.3 km.Today, Independence Hall is one of the most popular attractions of the United States. Every day amazing guided tours are held at Independence Hall. As a rule, a tour begins with a visit to the courtroom, as well as the assembly hall, where Continental Congress meetings were held. It’s worth noting that many halls after more than a hundred years managed to preserve their pristine design, which makes the tour even more interesting. Independence Hall can boast with lots of great historical artifacts. Here you can see the Washington's chair with rising sun cut on it, and the original silver inkstand, which was used during the signing of the Declaration of Independence. … Read further
Three Stooges MuseumFrom the series “Famous Museums of World Celebrities”
Check on the map: Distance from Philadelphia center - 25.7 km.Today, the series and the movie have a huge number of fans; the unique museum is aimed at them. The area of the facility is 929 square meters. More than 100 000 exhibits related to the movies and starred actors are collected there. Here, you can see the cute figurines featuring favorite characters and rare photographs, which were made in the mid-20th century. One of the main features of the museum is a repository of movies. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Philadelphia and surroundings
Photos of Philadelphia
Travelling to Philadelphia - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Philadelphia. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.