Preparing your trip to Cambridge: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The most beneficial way to make international phone calls is to use special pay phones, which can be found close to public transport stops, major shopping centers and government agencies. These phones are operated by credit or special plastic cards.
2. The majority of hotels, restaurants, cafes and other public places are equipped with free Wi-Fi. However, some institutions may charge a small fee for this service.
3. Line supply voltage in the majority of hotels is 120V. Local hotels are equipped with the standard American-style wall sockets. Make sure to check the compatibility of the appliances that you plan to take before the trip. You may need special adapters. Some hotels have adapters that are available upon request, or you can purchase them in any special store.
4. Shopping malls, supermarkets, restaurants and hotels are equipped with a system of non-cash payments. Therefore, it is not necessary to bring large amounts of cash with you. Credit cards of the international class, such as VISA, American Express, MasterCard, Japanese Credit Bureau, Dinners Club and Discover are accepted virtually everywhere.
6. Travellers should remember that alcoholic beverages and tobacco products can only be purchased in specialized trade pavilions. The sale of alcohol to persons under the age of 21 is not allowed, so in order to avoid confusion young people should take a copy of an identity document.
7. Don’t forget to leave tips in restaurants and cafes. In many dining places they are already included in the total bill. In small restaurants and cafes tips can be 15-18% of the total, and in prestigious restaurants their amount will be at least 20% of the total bill. Taxi drivers, porters and maids at your hotel, as well as other people engaged in the service sector, should also receive a small reward.
Tourists will find dining facilities of different directions in Cambridge. Both locals and visitors are usually fond of Annas Taqueria, a popular restaurant dedicated to Mexican cuisine. The … Open
9. The city is very convenient to travel by bike. Visitors can easily rent one of in numerous rental agencies. As a rule, these rental centers are located near hotels, so everyone can easily rent a bike.
Preparing your trip to Cambridge: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Cambridge - unique sights
Museum of Bad ArtFrom the series “Strange, weird and unusual museums amusing its visitors”
Check on the map: Distance from Cambridge center - 15 km.He bought the pictures on the usual flea markets. The museum founder chose the most curious and often strange pictures he has ever seen. Later, the museum collection became larger, so it was decided to open a branch of the museum in Sommerville. A few years ago the third branch of the museum was opened in Brookline. Today, the Museum of Poor Art is a true landmark of the world, whose collection has inspired millions of painters worldwide. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Cambridge and surroundings
Photos of Cambridge
Travelling to Cambridge - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Cambridge. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.