Preparing your trip to Madrid: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The system of buses is very well-developed in the city, so travelers can easily get to any area of Madrid by public transport. If you plan to travel frequently, you can purchase a special pass from the driver.
2. In order to rent a car, you will need to have a credit card, a passport and an international driving license. By the way, the age of a renter must be at least 21 years.
3. Car rentals located near railway stations are considered the most advantageous ones.
4. Those tourists, who plan to visit museums and cultural events, are advised to purchase Paso del Arte cart. It entitles you to a discount for buying tickets to museums, as well as free admissions to some cultural institutions.
6. While making a walk, it is recommended to bring a copy of your identity card or a hotel card.
7. Do not make trips to remote areas of the city alone. It’s better to observe them together with a guide and a tourist group.
Palacio de Cibeles, Almudena Cathedral, Museum of Natural Sciences, Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, Puerta de Alcala, as well as many others, they all become the world's cultural heritage objects and remain as iconic monuments for Madrid … Open
9. Special telephone booths or communication cabins are the most beneficial way to make phone calls to other countries. The phone calls made in the hotel will be the most expensive ones.
10. Do not take pictures of local people without their permission. Also it’s restricted to make photos of some strategically important objects - the metro station, bridges, government buildings and facilities located in the port area.
Preparing your trip to Madrid: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Madrid - unique sights
Alcazar de SegoviaFrom the series “Amazing ancient fortresses рreserved to this day”
Check on the map: Distance from Madrid center - 69.7 km.After losing its strategic importance, the castle became a royal palace and served as a gateway to the splendid balls. Later, Alcazar was converted into the state prison. For decades, the royal artillery academy was in the castle. The castle has recently been the largest historical museum in the city. Its rich exposition is presented in 11 rooms and is surprising with the variety of the exhibits, in the number of which there is the extensive collection of ancient weapons and furniture, the portraits of the kings and the carefully restored historical room designs. … Read further
Semana SantaFrom the series “Most enchanting and vibrant festivals”
Check on the map: Distance from Madrid center - 30.4 km.Semana Santa is the name of the famous Spanish annual festival that can literally be translated as "Holy Week". This is one of the few religious festivals in the world which is known far beyond the country. The festival is based on the performance of solemn religious processions that are held in absolutely all cities. A few dozen ceremonies can march past in one day of the festival in one city, they are usually accompanied by the performance of religious music and all old customs are kept up. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Madrid and surroundings
Photos of Madrid
Travelling to Madrid - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Madrid. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.