Preparing your trip to Madrid: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The system of buses is very well-developed in the city, so travelers can easily get to any area of Madrid by public transport. If you plan to travel frequently, you can purchase a special pass from the driver.
2. In order to rent a car, you will need to have a credit card, a passport and an international driving license. By the way, the age of a renter must be at least 21 years.
3. Car rentals located near railway stations are considered the most advantageous ones.
4. Those tourists, who plan to visit museums and cultural events, are advised to purchase Paso del Arte cart. It entitles you to a discount for buying tickets to museums, as well as free admissions to some cultural institutions.
6. While making a walk, it is recommended to bring a copy of your identity card or a hotel card.
7. Do not make trips to remote areas of the city alone. It’s better to observe them together with a guide and a tourist group.
Palacio de Cibeles, Almudena Cathedral, Museum of Natural Sciences, Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, Puerta de Alcala, as well as many others, they all become the world's cultural heritage objects and remain as iconic monuments for Madrid … Open
9. Special telephone booths or communication cabins are the most beneficial way to make phone calls to other countries. The phone calls made in the hotel will be the most expensive ones.
10. Do not take pictures of local people without their permission. Also it’s restricted to make photos of some strategically important objects - the metro station, bridges, government buildings and facilities located in the port area.
Preparing your trip to Madrid: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Madrid - unique sights
Royal Palace of MadridFrom the series “The Most Elegant Buildings of Baroque Architecture”
Check on the map: Distance from Madrid center - 1 km.There you can see a rich collection of old weapons. The halls are decorated with portraits of Spain rulers and their family members. Great porcelain meals, neoclassical furniture, amazing cut-glass chandeliers and the world largest collection of Stradivarius violins. It is only a small part of the collections that have placed in the palace. The most beautiful hall in the residence is the Throne Room. It is made in the rococo style. There has saved the ceiling of 1764 that was ornamented by the best Venetian masters. The Throne Room is lightened with luxurious cut-glass chandeliers. It is decorated with a number of magnificent elements made from precious metals. … Read further
Estacion de AtochaFrom the series “Top 14 Most Astonishing Railway Stations in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Madrid center - 1.5 km.The main place of interest at the station is the tropical garden. The history of its appearance is very interesting. Today you will see there more than seven thousand plants, a great collection of tortoises and fish, brought by locals. For last years the station has been a place for thematic exhibitions and trade fairs. … Read further
Semana SantaFrom the series “Most Enchanting and Vibrant Festivals”
Check on the map: Distance from Madrid center - 30.4 km.Experienced travellers say that the most beautiful celebrations are held in Toledo, Seville, Cordoba and Madrid. Many of them prefer to go to Semana Santa Festival exclusively in the city of Antigua Guatemala. For many years Antigua Guatemala was a Spanish colony and inherited many beautiful traditions. During the Holy Week the city streets are being covered with incredibly beautiful flower petals where solemn processions pass afterwards. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Madrid and surroundings
Photos of Madrid
Travelling to Madrid - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Madrid. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.