Preparing your trip to Odessa: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Odessa features a wide network of public transport including buses, trams and trolleybuses. A cost of a bus trip will totally depend of the length of a trip meanwhile a cost of a trip in trams and trolleybuses is fixed. Fare should be paid to a busman in a passenger compartment. A popular city transport means is a route taxi bus which stops only on demand. These taxi buses should be stopped with a hand rise. However the buses can be stopped in such a way only from bus stops.
2. The Tandem bicycle rental center is in demand among those tourists giving preference to active leisure. Apart from two wheel transport the center provides skate boards and rollers.
3. Tourists visiting Odessa for the first time should first set to one of the tourist information offices. One of the best centers is located in the Pushkinskaya Street. The center offers its visitors free city maps and leaflets with descriptions of landmarks and monuments. The assistants of the office will inform the tourists on upcoming cultural events and will help to organize the leisure and touring program of the vacation.
4. Only central streets of the city are safe and sound for night tours meanwhile the remote areas of the city should be explored only in the daytime and only with a guide. Setting off to the city exploration one should not keep valuables by oneself without any need.
6. The best place to hunt some memorable gifts and souvenirs is one of the local markets as these offer a vast choice of goods at prices which are considerably lower than these in large stores. Bargaining is a must at the markets as this helps to reduce a price for desired goods by 10 – 15%.
7. The optimum way to pay for goods and services is national currency though large stores and restaurants accept US dollars and Euro apart from national hrivna. Currency can be exchanged in one of the local banks or in private exchange offices which are located on the premises of the airport and railway station.
Odessa meets its guests with numerous gastronomy establishments of different trends. Tourists will find small cozy cafés for sweets addicts, numerous pizza houses for genuine Italian treat … Open
Preparing your trip to Odessa: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Odessa and surroundings
Photos of Odessa
Travelling to Odessa - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Odessa. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.