Preparing your trip to Montreal: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists arriving at the airport of Montreal should first find a stall of Guide D'aeroport Montreal-Trudeau on the first level. The stall provides several guiding leaflets for free. The leaflets contain useful information on the city, public transportation routes and ticket costs.
2. The city offers several tourist information centers which also provide tourists with useful data, leaflets and city maps. The largest tourist information center is the Infotouriste Centre. The office sells tickets for cultural events as well as informs on the exact dates and time schedule of every event.
3. Tourists looking for numerous sightseeing tours and excursions should better get a so called “museum card” which enables them of visiting of 20 museums and galleries. A cost of the museum card for a day will be about 15 dollars meanwhile a three day museum card will cost about 30 dollars.
4. The city is convenient to cruise by underground as this way lets tourists avoid heavy traffic jams and helps to sufficiently save time. A cost of the trip is about 3 dollars. Taxi is available any time of the day and night which is highly recommended to call by phone. A taxi driver should necessarily be rewarded with cash of 10 – 15% of the cost according to counter.
6. Currency can be exchanged in one of the numerous currency exchange offices. The densest concentration of currency exchange offices is seen in the Ste-Catherine street. One should keep in mind that private exchange offices charge high transactions fees which should be specified before a transaction.
7. All public libraries have free Wi-Fi which makes them a perfect alternative to expensive internet cafés. Only registered reads can enter the library with their own laptops meanwhile guests are offered to use library computers.
First settlements on the territory of Montreal appeared in 1535. Today Montreal is a modern metropolis, and thousands of tourists come to get acquainted with its attractions. The … Open
Preparing your trip to Montreal: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Montreal - unique sights
Stade Olympique de MontrealFrom the series “Top 14 sport stadiums with impressive design”
Check on the map: Distance from Montreal center - 7 km.A real monument of modern architecture is the Olympiastadion, which is located in Montreal. It was still in 1976 on the occasion of the XXI. Olympic summer games. For the last time, the stadium was renovated in 2006. The reconstruction cost 1.4 billion US dollars. Currently the Olympiastadion is the largest in Canada. The dome-shaped roof construction, supported by the high support, makes the exterior of the stadium unique. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Montreal and surroundings
Photos of Montreal
Travelling to Montreal - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Montreal. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.