Preparing your trip to Montreal: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists arriving at the airport of Montreal should first find a stall of Guide D'aeroport Montreal-Trudeau on the first level. The stall provides several guiding leaflets for free. The leaflets contain useful information on the city, public transportation routes and ticket costs.
2. The city offers several tourist information centers which also provide tourists with useful data, leaflets and city maps. The largest tourist information center is the Infotouriste Centre. The office sells tickets for cultural events as well as informs on the exact dates and time schedule of every event.
3. Tourists looking for numerous sightseeing tours and excursions should better get a so called “museum card” which enables them of visiting of 20 museums and galleries. A cost of the museum card for a day will be about 15 dollars meanwhile a three day museum card will cost about 30 dollars.
4. The city is convenient to cruise by underground as this way lets tourists avoid heavy traffic jams and helps to sufficiently save time. A cost of the trip is about 3 dollars. Taxi is available any time of the day and night which is highly recommended to call by phone. A taxi driver should necessarily be rewarded with cash of 10 – 15% of the cost according to counter.
6. Currency can be exchanged in one of the numerous currency exchange offices. The densest concentration of currency exchange offices is seen in the Ste-Catherine street. One should keep in mind that private exchange offices charge high transactions fees which should be specified before a transaction.
7. All public libraries have free Wi-Fi which makes them a perfect alternative to expensive internet cafés. Only registered reads can enter the library with their own laptops meanwhile guests are offered to use library computers.
Your active city break in Montreal. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Apart from different sightseeing tours Montreal offers its guests great facilities for exciting leisure. The Biodome de Montreal center is a perfect place for family visit. The complex … Open
Preparing your trip to Montreal: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Montreal - unique sights
Habitat 67From the series “The Most Bizarre and Fancy Living Houses”
Check on the map: Distance from Montreal center - 5.7 km.Habitat 67 is characterized not only by the original exterior design, but also by a very unusual room layout. The structure of each apartment contains from one to five cubes, from each, even the smallest apartment, the view opens to three heavenly directions. Some apartments have the beautiful open terraces with trees, the other apartments are complemented with the glazed exterior walkways. Recently, the parkourfans disturbed the quiet of the locals. The young people consider the unusual residential complex with the numerous terraces and constructions as an ideal training place. … Read further
Photos of Montreal
Travelling to Montreal - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Montreal. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.