Preparing your trip to Atlanta: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The best way to make a walk to remote areas or ethnic neighborhoods of the city is together with a large company or in a guided tour with a group of tourists. Do not take large sums of cash and do not wear jewelry for such excursion.
2. Travelers should not use the services of illegal taxis. Inexperienced travelers can easily become the victims of scammers and thieves.
3. You should not appear on the streets of the city in a drunken state. This will cause confusion among the local residents and can result in major penalties.
4. If you have lost your documents, credit cards and other personal items, or they have been stolen, you should immediately contact the nearest police station. The city has special police station for tourists. Their phone numbers and addresses can be found in any phone book.
6. The non-cash accounting system is very well developed in the city. You can pay by your credit card in all shopping centers, supermarkets, cinemas and restaurants, so carrying large sums of cash is not necessary.
7. If you plan to use cash for your payments, it is better not to use money in large denominations (50 and 100 dollars). Small shops and cafes are usually not equipped with the system for testing the authenticity of banknotes, so the client’s money can simply be not accepted. The reason for this is in the fact that high-denomination banknotes are often counterfeited.
The most unusual shopping center of Atlanta is Underground. It goes underneath the fabulous viaduct, right under the ground. This shopping center is famous for hundreds of specialized shops. … Open
9. Those, who come to the city for the first time, are recommended to purchase a map that indicates main public transport routes. The city’s planning is quite difficult, so it may be quite hard to find a particular museum or a shop without a map.
10. The classification of hotels in Atlanta and other cities of the U.S. is significantly different from the system adopted in European countries. When choosing a hotel, it is better to specify the range of services offered.
Preparing your trip to Atlanta: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Atlanta - unique sights
Coca-Cola StorageFrom the series “Forbidden Construction Objects with Label "Access Denied"”
Check on the map: Distance from Atlanta center - 1.7 km.This place is located in Atlanta, on the territory of the World of Coca-Cola Museum. The place of storage is always closed and is separated from the general exposure by a special barrier. Museum visitors have a chance to see this object from a distance of several pounds. The territory of the place of storage may, however, be entered only by the representatives of the society's administration. It must be mentioned that it is still unclear whether the formula of the drink is preserved in the storage room. There is a version that it is stored in an entirely different place and the repository in the museum is only an original decoration. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Atlanta and surroundings
Photos of Atlanta
Travelling to Atlanta - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Atlanta. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.