Preparing your trip to New Orleans: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Touring enthusiasts should better cruise the city on foot as the most important spots of tourist interest are located in close vicinity to each other. Ladies should not wear high heels as the quality of roads is not favorable for such footwear.
2. Tourists limited in time and desiring to observe the most significant landmarks should take a trip on local tram. Its route runs through the central streets of the city thus passing all the landmarks and sight. The cost of the trip will be about 1.3 USD.
3. The optimum means of city transport apart from the tram is a bus. During the weekdays it runs through the city almost 24/7. On weekends the buses run far less frequently. A ticket for a trip should be bought in specialized stalls or directly from a bus driver.
4. Tourists can rent a car in one of the rental centers. The cost of the car rent will totally depend on a chosen car brand. One will need passport, international driving license and a credit card with enough of limit to cover the rent.
6. Almost all shopping centers, super markets and boutiques accept international credit cards. Upscale restaurants, filling stations and hotels accept cashless transfers as well. Cash will be in use in small shops and boutiques located far from the city center, in budgetary restaurants and eateries and at the markets.
7. Drivers should take into account that during daytime the central road traffic is rather jammed and challenging in the city. Setting off to the important business meeting one should give oneself extra time. A tram will be a perfect alternative to a car in this case. Ferry is still a popular transportation means in the city. These cruise the river at 15 minute intervals.
New Orleans is one of the largest cities of the United States and a popular tourist destination famous for its picturesque areas. The colonization of the territory of the modern city began … Open
Preparing your trip to New Orleans: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in New Orleans - unique sights
Mardi GrasFrom the series “Most Enchanting and Vibrant Festivals”
Check on the map: Distance from New Orleans center - 1.7 km.Mardi Gras has been celebrated in many European and American cities. But no one does it better than New Orleans. The last few years Mardi Gras’s holiday program lasts a few days and in the so-called "Fat Tuesday" the general hilarity is at its pitch. For over two hundred years solemn processions remain the major tradition of the festival. There are dozens of parades in New Orleans and the surrounding area and each procession is attractive in its own way. The Bacchus Parade is the most colourful and noisy one and the Mardi Gras Indian Show is considered to be one of the most sophisticated and refined. … Read further
Jazzland Theme ParkFrom the series “Deserted Places Causing the Feeling of Chill”
Check on the map: Distance from New Orleans center - 18.3 km.After destruction of the park there were several attempts to restore it, but a full reconstruction needed a very large sum, which was out of the city budget. The abandoned and destroyed amusement park owes its fame to the photographer Andrew Jason from United States. Two years after Hurricane Katrina, he went to New Orleans to shoot the city that suffered from the elements. Quite by chance, the photographer went to the amusement park, about which he knew nothing before his trip. The park impressed the photographer so much that he dedicated a separate photo shoot to it. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in New Orleans and surroundings
Photos of New Orleans
Travelling to New Orleans - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in New Orleans. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.