Preparing your trip to Indianapolis: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Check-in time on arrival is usually 14:00 at the majority of hotels. The usual check-out is at 12:00. Visitors can move into a hotel before that time only in case there are free rooms at the moment.
2. All hotel complexes are equipped with standard American-style wall sockets. Line supply voltage is 110 V. Large hotels provide visitors with adapters on request or you can purchase them at any specialty store.
3. Documents, cash and other valuables should be kept in a safe in hotel room. When going out, do not forget to take a hotel card and a copy of your identity document.
4. Do not forget to leave tips in all restaurants and bars of the city. The average size of tips should be approximately 10 - 15% of the total order. Taxi drivers, maids in hotels and tour guides should also receive a reward for their service.
6. When you visit a store it is worth considering that the price indicated on tags is the value of goods without taxes. When you pay for your purchases at checkout, taxes will be automatically added to their price.
7. Special public phones are the most beneficial way to make calls to other cities and countries. You will find these phones close to public transport stops, shopping centers and government agencies. They are operated by credit and special plastic cards that are sold in post offices and newsagents.
In Indianapolis, vacationers with children are presented with a large choice of entertainment. The Caribbean Cove Indoor Water Park is very popular among fans of water attractions. It is an … Open
9. It should be noted that entrance to numerous excursion sites is free, so budget travellers do not need not deny themselves the pleasure of visiting tourist attractions. Finally, almost every museum of the city announces free entrance once a week. Details of other cultural activities can also be found at tourist offices.
Preparing your trip to Indianapolis: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Indianapolis - unique sights
Waverly Hills SanatoriumFrom the series “The Most Mysterious Buildings (Houses, Palaces, Castles) in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Indianapolis center - 184.2 km.Good intentions of the founder quickly turned into a tragedy, as terminally ill people were subjects of awful experiments within the hospital. To remove bodies of people the staff used a secret passage, a long tunnel padded through the steep slopes of the hill. It’s believed that today this tunnel holds the highest paranormal activity. Ghosts are often seen in a long narrow corridor, and some restless souls continue to live in the hospital wards. In one of the chambers lives a spirit of a nurse, who contracted tuberculosis and committed suicide, as she didn’t want to fall into the hands of doctors. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Indianapolis and surroundings
Photos of Indianapolis
Travelling to Indianapolis - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Indianapolis. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.