Preparing your trip to Santa Monica: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists planning to visit local stores, boutiques and shopping centers should have handy carrying bags. Every shop and store of the city packs goods in environmentally safe paper begs which are not the most convenient packages for long lasting shopping.
2. Evening hiking enthusiasts should have some warm clothes as after the sunset it gets rather cold on the resort being well felt in the coastal area.
3. At weekends local shopping centers and entertainment establishments are rather crowded. Those tourists tending to a quiet hiking through the city being armed with a camera should better undertake a trip during weekdays. Tickets for various events and museums are recommended to be bought in advance.
4. Smoking as well as alcohol consumption is banned on local beaches. Tourists should pay special attention to restrictive signs. As a rule close to all large establishments tourists will find specially designated smoking areas. Smoking rules violations are charged with heavy fines.
6. Pedestrian should as well keep in mind several local unwritten rules. A road can be crossed only on specialized crosswalks and only after an enabling signal of a traffic light. To switch the traffic light one should press a special button on the post.
7. Several times per week the main street of the city holds exciting farm fair. Its visitors are offered an excellent selection of goods featuring the highest quality and being sold at the most affordable prices. The fair will be of great pleasure for sparing tourists.
Santa Monica is a city that combines the elements of ancient and modern. This place attracts tourists by its practically year-round sunny days (325 days a year), a magnificent beach at the … Open
9. Prices for tickets for various entertainment and cultural events in Santa Monica are kept at a rather affordable rate. Commonly a museum ticket costs about 5USD, kids are offered sufficient discounts.
Preparing your trip to Santa Monica: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Santa Monica - unique sights
Opaque RestaurantFrom the series “The Most Exotic Restaurants in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Santa Monica center - 1.5 km.The first restaurant of the Opaque network was opened in Los Angeles. Today you can also visit the similar restaurants in San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas and New York. A few years ago the analogue of the popular American restaurant was opened in Moscow under the name 'In the dark'. Its main particularity is the fact that the visitors are served by the blind waiters. Despite the particularity of the Opaque restaurant, its visitors always count on high service quality and on excellent taste of the food. Absence from the bright light does not impair the operation of the customers and the cooking process. … Read further
Michael Jackson MuseumFrom the series “Famous Museums of World Celebrities”
Check on the map: Distance from Santa Monica center - 13.1 km.You will need more than one day to admire all the sights of the Neverland Valley Ranch and view all the priceless museum pieces collected within its territory. Local environment is ideal for a comfortable long rest. At any time, visitors can sit in the shade of trees in a beautiful garden and just enjoy peaceful vacations. At present, due to lack of funding, Neverland Valley Ranch it is going through its bad times. Caring for its vast territory requires large investments, and it’s getting harder to find money every year after the death of the singer. … Read further
Hollywood TowerFrom the series “Famous Buildings of Renaissance Architecture”
Check on the map: Distance from Santa Monica center - 18 km.Many traditions and elements of decoration in this building are the original, the charming roof garden was also saved. In the warm period, it is full of palms and flowers. Guests of the hotel can relax in a special zone with chaise lounges. The Hollywood tower was a home for a lot of celebrities from musician and actor’s world. Carmen Miranda, a popular Portuguese actress and dancer, celebrated there her wedding. Today everyone can experience the Hollywood luxury. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Santa Monica and surroundings
Photos of Santa Monica
Travelling to Santa Monica - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Santa Monica. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.