Preparing your trip to Santa Monica: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists planning to visit local stores, boutiques and shopping centers should have handy carrying bags. Every shop and store of the city packs goods in environmentally safe paper begs which are not the most convenient packages for long lasting shopping.
2. Evening hiking enthusiasts should have some warm clothes as after the sunset it gets rather cold on the resort being well felt in the coastal area.
3. At weekends local shopping centers and entertainment establishments are rather crowded. Those tourists tending to a quiet hiking through the city being armed with a camera should better undertake a trip during weekdays. Tickets for various events and museums are recommended to be bought in advance.
4. Smoking as well as alcohol consumption is banned on local beaches. Tourists should pay special attention to restrictive signs. As a rule close to all large establishments tourists will find specially designated smoking areas. Smoking rules violations are charged with heavy fines.
6. Pedestrian should as well keep in mind several local unwritten rules. A road can be crossed only on specialized crosswalks and only after an enabling signal of a traffic light. To switch the traffic light one should press a special button on the post.
7. Several times per week the main street of the city holds exciting farm fair. Its visitors are offered an excellent selection of goods featuring the highest quality and being sold at the most affordable prices. The fair will be of great pleasure for sparing tourists.
Santa Monica is a city that combines the elements of ancient and modern. This place attracts tourists by its practically year-round sunny days (325 days a year), a magnificent beach at the … Open
9. Prices for tickets for various entertainment and cultural events in Santa Monica are kept at a rather affordable rate. Commonly a museum ticket costs about 5USD, kids are offered sufficient discounts.
Preparing your trip to Santa Monica: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Santa Monica - unique sights
Crenshaw HouseFrom the series “The Most Mysterious Buildings (Houses, Palaces, Castles) in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Santa Monica center - 18.5 km.Even before this tragic event, the mansion had attracted hundreds of curious people who wanted to visit the attic, but none of visitors could hold in a mansion even a couple of hours. Hickman Whittington organized a real museum on the roof of his house; he charged fee for the opportunity to spend a night in the attic. There were many of those wishing to spend a night in jail for former slaves, about 150 people. All of them suddenly noticed surging fear and muzz making them leave a scary place after some time. Currently, the Crenshaw House belongs to state authorities. Since 2003 it’s closed to public access. … Read further
Santa Susana Field LaboratoryFrom the series “The Most Radioactive Zones on the Planet”
Check on the map: Distance from Santa Monica center - 30.2 km.A few decades ago, secret tests of nuclear reactors were conducted in this laboratory. Statistically, 4 of 10 such trials ended with a major nuclear accident. The laboratory was founded in 1947. Since then, it has been used for various purposes. In addition to space engines, nuclear weapons were produced and tested there. Projects of nuclear power plants were developed too. Over the years, the laboratory not only performed dozens of different tests, many of which ended with an accident, but incorrectly disposed the nuclear waste. … Read further
Flintstones HouseFrom the series “The Most Bizarre and Fancy Living Houses”
Check on the map: Distance from Santa Monica center - 26.9 km.The house is designed according to the theme. Its asymmetrical walls imitate the natural stone furnishings, literally all elements of the room design are made of natural stone and wood. The cozy cave house surprises with the variety of the design artwork: the stone statuettes, the unusual lamps, the small souvenirs of wood and plants. In some rooms the walls are decorated with the interesting painting, and in the living room there is a wonderful fireplace. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Santa Monica and surroundings
Photos of Santa Monica
Travelling to Santa Monica - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Santa Monica. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.