Preparing your trip to Anaheim: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Local restaurants, markets and shops accept payments in U.S. dollars only. Canadian dollar is the second accepted currency. Money is better to be exchanged in bank branches, which are open daily from 9:00 to 17:00. Sunday is a day off.
2. Non-cash payment system is very widespread in the city. In shopping centers, cinemas and supermarkets visitors can pay by such credit cards as Visa, Diners Club, Mastercard, American Express, Plus, Cirrus, Discover, Maestro, and cards by other international banks. They are accepted even in shops and hotels located in the suburban areas of Anaheim.
3. ATMs in the city can be found next to each shop or a public institution. However, you should be careful cashing out your money, because many ATMs may charge a large commission.
4. Tourists are not recommended to make a walk to the remote areas of the city. As a rule, there are many street robbers there, even in the daytime. Also, do not use the services of private drivers. If you want to travel around the city, it is best to call a taxi.
6. When you plan to make a walk, make sure you bring a notarized copy of your passport with you. The reason is in case of any event, other problems or accidents the first thing the police will ask you to do is to show your identification documents. Local residents can carry a driver's license, but visitors are obliged to show a passport.
7. Those, who expect to travel by car, should also follow basic rules of caution. Do not pick up travelers on the roads and do not select small deserted roads - it may be not safe.
Numerous parks, recreation centers and sports complexes are the main attractions of Anaheim. There are not so many historic sites and monuments in the city. The best way to learn the history … Open
9. The city’s government keeps fighting against all manifestations of terrorism, so travelers are prohibited from taking photographs of subway stations, bridges and other important objects.
Preparing your trip to Anaheim: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Anaheim - unique sights
Club 33 in DisneylandFrom the series “Forbidden Construction Objects with Label "Access Denied"”
Check on the map: Distance from Anaheim center - 2.8 km.Now anyone can become a member of the club. For this it is enough only to pay an entrance fee in the amount of 10 to 30 thousand US dollars. After paying the fee, you must wait 14 years for your turn, according to the rules of the club, the lump sum of its members can not exceed 487. Also, all applicants for membership in the club should take into account that they will need to pay an annual fee of three to six thousand dollars. So you will not succeed to visit a closed elite institutionjust like that. Even if you are puzzled by the goal to join the club tomorrow, you will not be able to step over it until 14 years later. … Read further
Crenshaw HouseFrom the series “The Most Mysterious Buildings (Houses, Palaces, Castles) in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Anaheim center - 39.4 km.Even before this tragic event, the mansion had attracted hundreds of curious people who wanted to visit the attic, but none of visitors could hold in a mansion even a couple of hours. Hickman Whittington organized a real museum on the roof of his house; he charged fee for the opportunity to spend a night in the attic. There were many of those wishing to spend a night in jail for former slaves, about 150 people. All of them suddenly noticed surging fear and muzz making them leave a scary place after some time. Currently, the Crenshaw House belongs to state authorities. Since 2003 it’s closed to public access. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Anaheim and surroundings
Photos of Anaheim
Travelling to Anaheim - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Anaheim. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.