Preparing your trip to Los Angeles: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The most widely used city transport is underground. The city also offers over 200 bus routes. The cost of a single trip will equal 1.25USD meanwhile the travel pass for a whole day will cost only 3.0USD. In the underground one can buy tickets in specialized slot machines set on every station. For a bus trip you can buy a ticket from a bus driver.
2. Travelers who give preference to taxi should better call a taxi by phone. It is just impossible to stop a taxi in the street. There are special taxi parking lots near bus stops, hotels and railway stations.
3. A bicycle is a popular way of transportation among city residents however cycling some city districts can be rather challenging. The most popular bicycle rental centers are considered to be Metro Rail ones.
4. Cruising the city is better with expert tour guides. The reason is that the important sights and landmarks are scattered around the city. Driving from one point of touristic interest to another may consume much time in case of lacking of experience.
6. Tourists who are opting for beach recreation should take into consideration some rules and regulations. One can appear on the beach only in swimming suit. There are none of specialized nude beaches in the city.
7. Planning your leisure and entertainment you should reserve a table in advance not only in restaurants but at night clubs as well. Many entertaining centers reserve the tables for guests several weeks in advance. The tickets for tours, concerts and other events should also be bought in advance.
Los Angeles is one of the largest and most dynamic cities in the world. Besides world-famous attractions and entertainment centers, it attracts travelers with colorful holidays taking place … Open
9. In the public places one should be extremely watchful of personal things. Evenings are not recommended for setting off to the remote areas of the city and for walking along wind streets.
Preparing your trip to Los Angeles: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Los Angeles - unique sights
Hollywood TowerFrom the series “Famous Buildings of Renaissance Architecture”
Check on the map: Distance from Los Angeles center - 9.5 km.Many traditions and elements of decoration in this building are the original, the charming roof garden was also saved. In the warm period, it is full of palms and flowers. Guests of the hotel can relax in a special zone with chaise lounges. The Hollywood tower was a home for a lot of celebrities from musician and actor’s world. Carmen Miranda, a popular Portuguese actress and dancer, celebrated there her wedding. Today everyone can experience the Hollywood luxury. … Read further
Crenshaw HouseFrom the series “The Most Mysterious Buildings (Houses, Palaces, Castles) in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Los Angeles center - 16.5 km.Even before this tragic event, the mansion had attracted hundreds of curious people who wanted to visit the attic, but none of visitors could hold in a mansion even a couple of hours. Hickman Whittington organized a real museum on the roof of his house; he charged fee for the opportunity to spend a night in the attic. There were many of those wishing to spend a night in jail for former slaves, about 150 people. All of them suddenly noticed surging fear and muzz making them leave a scary place after some time. Currently, the Crenshaw House belongs to state authorities. Since 2003 it’s closed to public access. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Los Angeles and surroundings
Photos of Los Angeles
Travelling to Los Angeles - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Los Angeles. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.