Preparing your trip to San Diego: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The city of San Diego features warm and bright sunny weather almost all the year round. Beach recreation fans should visit the destination within a period from July to October which is considered to be the most favorable season for sun bathing and on water entertainments. It should be noted that in the heat of the tourist season the coastal water is warm enough even for the youngest tourists to enjoy endless bathing.
2. A system of public transport is represented with the San Diego Trolley speed trams which are the fastest and easiest way to get to any part of the city. Tourists are recommended to avoid city cruising during rush hours as the trams are overcrowded and chances are to get jammed.
3. Renting a car is a recommended service for those tourists planning trips into suburbs of the city as cruising the city by car is rather challenging due to great traffic jams on the roads. To rent a car one will need a standard set of documents. Tourists having less than a year of driving experience may be denied in service rendering.
4. Tourists should be careful during San Diego vacation and should keep to the basic rules of safety. One should avoid alone exploration of remote areas of the city late at night and should not keep as well substantial sums of cash and valuables by oneself. In public areas one can turn a pickpocket victim.
6. Utility supplied voltage is 110V. All the hotels and inns are equipped with American standard sockets. Tourists taking some electric appliances should necessarily get adapters and connectors in advance as local hotels do not provide any.
7. The city has adopted a system of cashless transfers. International credit cards are accepted almost by all hotels, restaurants and shops as well as by most filling stations. An optimum way to pay for goods and services is national currency which can be exchanged at home before a trip or in the airport as local banks and other financial institutions offer rather unprofitable exchange rate and terms.
Your active city break in San Diego. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
The city of San Diego is a genuine paradise for theme park admirers, shopaholics and night life enthusiasts. One of the most favorite destinations of the city among foreign tourists is still … Open
Preparing your trip to San Diego: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in San Diego - unique sights
Anza-Borrego DesertFrom the series “Top 11 Most Unusual Deserts on the Planet”
Check on the map: Distance from San Diego center - 87.5 km.In the northern part, there is a picturesque canyon, where you can see rare species of trees and meet a typical inhabitant of the local wildlife, a bighorn sheep. Some areas of the desert amaze with strange stone statues, which for thousands of years have been forming under the influence of wind, water, and erosion. There is also an amazing eroded cave, which is noteworthy for all fans of unusual excursions. The most unusual area of the desert is the Pumpkin Patch. It is notable because of round stone formations that really resemble huge pumpkins. … Read further
Salton SeaFrom the series “Amazing Land Areas Below the Sea Level”
Check on the map: Distance from San Diego center - 137.1 km.The valley is framed by the incredibly beautiful mountain massifs, including the legendary chocolate mountains, as well as San Jasinto mountains. The ecosystem of the valley is unique. The scientists have found that this site was located a few million years ago under the water of the world's oceans. The history of the formation of the salt lake on the bottom of the valley is very interesting. He has formed a century ago, after the strange coincidence of circumstances. At the beginning of the 20th century irrigation was wrongly organized in this area, so the river bed from the Colorado River was directed to the valley for two years. In only a few months has the huge lake with the area of 1 000 q. Km and depth of 16 meters on the bottom of the depression. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in San Diego and surroundings
Photos of San Diego
Travelling to San Diego - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in San Diego. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.