Preparing your trip to Cleveland: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The best time to visit Cleveland is between the end of summer and the beginning of autumn. In the spring and autumn, there is always quite a lot of rainfall here, tornadoes and hail are not rare in the region.
2. Despite the fact that the city has a subway and a well-developed public bus system, active tourists should think about renting a car. The fact is that some interesting areas and attractions cannot be reached by public transport.
3. In the vicinity of Cleveland is the state's largest international airport that receives flights from different countries. The city can be reached by train from Boston, New York, Chicago, and Washington.
4. In the city center, one can find the most prestigious and expensive hotels. Budget tourists should look for a hotel in more remote areas.
6. Photo and video shooting is prohibited for security purposes in the subway and some other public places. Such rules must be observed carefully and treated with understanding.
7. Smoking in public places is strictly banned in the city. One should never ignore special prohibition signs - smoking is only allowed in the designated areas.
A special attitude to all possible aspects of modern culture and creativity can be considered the main trait of Cleveland residents. For many years, the city has regularly hosted festivals … Open
9. The city is very serious about keeping the streets clean. Garbage can only be thrown in special bins; the violation of this rule is punishable by fines.
10. It's recommended to stay away from remote areas of the city for safety purposes. The central area is the safest for evening walks.
11. In many local restaurants, all remnants of food are taken away. It's not customary to leave half-eaten meals on the table.
12. Those who're planning to use the services of public transport should keep in mind that yielding seats to others is not accepted. These are the features of local etiquette.
13. Men should not pay undue attention to women they don't know. Any signs of attention may be taken extremely negatively.
14. In public places, one needs to keep a close eye on personal belongings. Do not take valuables and large amounts of cash with you unless necessary.
15. Those who're going to visit Cleveland on Christmas holidays should take into account that it is always very cold here in winter. It is often snowing in wintertime.
Preparing your trip to Cleveland: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Cleveland - unique sights
Horace DodgeFrom the series “The Most Spectacular Fountains in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Cleveland center - 144.6 km.The construction of the fountain counts 300 water jets and lamps, which can be used to create the most unusual and impressive configurations. The special computer program controls the work of the fountain. The air temperature serves as the main input data. Particularly popular and requested among tourists and city dwellers is Horace Dodge fountain on the hot days of summer. … Read further
Michigan Central StationFrom the series “Deserted Places Causing the Feeling of Chill”
Check on the map: Distance from Cleveland center - 147 km.In recent years, the abandoned railway station has become a place of shooting many popular blockbusters. Its gloomy atmosphere attracts not only curious tourists, but also filmmakers. In recent years, Detroit's authorities have repeatedly advocated an initiative to conduct a complete reconstruction of the building, but due to lack of funds a huge building continues to stand in complete desolation. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Cleveland and surroundings
Photos of Cleveland
Travelling to Cleveland - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Cleveland. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.