Preparing your trip to Istanbul: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Before photographing local people, you should definitely ask them for permission. Remember you cannot make shots of women dressed in black capes.
2. When you enter a home or a mosque, you should definitely take your shoes off. You should be very careful while selecting clothes before visiting religious sites of Istanbul. Short skirts, shorts and open tops are not suitable for observations of the city.
3. You can drink alcohol in specially designated areas only.
4. Tips in local cafes and restaurants make up about 10% of the total amount of the order. Leaving tips in taxi is not common.
6. Do not drink tap water. It is not dangerous to health, but contains a lot of chlorine.
7. Buses are the best way to move on the city. This is also the most economical form of transport. As a rule, the fare is increased at night.
9. Shopping malls are the best place to acquire expensive products. Not all products you see on open markets are of a high quality. It should be noted that the prices for clothing and jewelry in malls and markets do not differ significantly.
10. During some religious holidays restaurants and cafes of the city can stop selling alcoholic beverages. Going to a dinner at some restaurant, you should definitely ask about the availability of a wine list.
Preparing your trip to Istanbul: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Istanbul - unique sights
Istanbul Lale FestivaliFrom the series “Most enchanting and vibrant festivals”
Check on the map: Distance from Istanbul center - 2 km.Modern holiday in Istanbul was first held in 2005, it was a tribute to a beautiful old tradition and has gained worldwide fame for a few years. Emirgan Park appears the centre of events many years already. Here interesting exhibitions, fairs and other thematic activities take place. It is important to note that the tulip festival in Istanbul is visited not only by curious tourists, but also by professional florists. During the festival various tulip species and bulbs of rare varieties are for sale for everyone. Tulip lovers can also learn a lot of interesting and useful information about the methods of cultivation of flowers. … Read further
MiniatürkFrom the series “Famous miniature museums of architectural objects and cities”
Check on the map: Distance from Istanbul center - 4.8 km.In addition to mock-ups of architectural monuments, there is a large motorway, through which colourful cars periodically pass, as well as a railway and even an airport with precisely executed models of aircraft. Among the most interesting layouts, the Blue Mosque and the Dolmabahce Palace, the Temple of Artemis and the Bosporus Bridge are worth noting. One of the most unusual objects is the mock-up of the city camp of Constantinople. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Istanbul and surroundings
Photos of Istanbul
Travelling to Istanbul - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Istanbul. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.