Preparing your trip to Varna: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. A significant part of local people can speak foreign languages - Italian, English or German, so communicating with them will be not difficult in most cases. Tourists who try to speak their native language always win great respect for the side of locals.
2. Make sure you have enough of the national currency when you plan to visit local markets and shops. You can often pay by euros and U.S. dollars, but they are usually accepted at very disadvantageous rates.
3. Currency may be exchanged in banks and specialized exchange offices. Extra attention should be paid to the amount of commission charged. As a rule, the smaller the amount of exchange is, the higher is the commission charged.
4. Items made of leather and fur are very popular on the local markets. Here you can find clothing by local manufacturers, and by famous Italian firms. Do not forget to bargain with vendors. Sometimes this helps reduce the final price by 15 - 20%.
6. Lunch is considered the most important meal for locals. As a rule, it consists of 4 - 5 meals. As for wine, there is a very interesting tradition. If the name of the month contains the letter "p", red wine is traditionally ordered in addition to food. Otherwise white wine is considered more suitable.
7. Do not forget to leave tips in restaurants and cafes of the city. The size of tips is around 5 - 10% of the total order. Leaving money on table is considered impolite. It's better to round the amount of your bill to any convenient sum in a big way.
In Varna travelers will find a wide choice of unique historical monuments. A large part of the city’s attractions has been there since ancient times. The Roman baths, which are located … Open
9. All the beaches of Varna are public. An additional fee may be charged only for rental of beach or sports equipment.
10. Most shops open at 9:00 and accept visitors to 19:00. Large shopping centers may work until 21:00, while supermarkets and food stores work around the clock.
Preparing your trip to Varna: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Varna and surroundings
Bulgaria: travelling advices2. For the last few years, the tourism industry in Bulgaria has moved far ahead. The tourism infrastructure is actively developing, new hotels, parks and water parks are being created, which allows Bulgaria to be considered one of the most comfortable resorts on the Black Sea coast.
3. In Bulgaria, sign language is very different from traditional European. The nod of a local's head does not mean consent. On the contrary, it means dissent. Many Bulgarians working in the tourist sphere knowing this feature use traditional gestures.
4. Bulgaria has restrictions on the importation of alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, coffee and tea into the country.
5. All the beaches in the country belong to the state; hotels do not have their own beaches. If the tour operator claims the opposite, then he resorts to deception. … Open
Photos of Varna
Travelling to Varna - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Varna. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.