Preparing your trip to California: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Many large cities have special HopOn-HopOff tourist buses; their route passes through the most remarkable and interesting places. You can learn more about buses and their schedules at any station.
2. Those expecting to devote a lot of time to excursions should definitely visit the tourist office to buy the travel card. Despite the fact that it costs about $200, it helps to save considerably.
3. Fans of fishing have to consider that coarse and ocean fishing is possible only with the license. Before you go fishing, it’s better to clarify existing rules in the hotel or the nearest tourist office.
4. Tourists who expect to travel by car, visit nature reserves and stay in hotels near the busiest routes have to take into account the important caveat. There are lots of bears looking for food left in the car at parking lots and camps in natural reserves. You have to take away all drinks and food from the car and lock windows and doors.
6. Those wishing to stay connected with loved ones shouldn’t worry about the Internet, as it is literally everywhere. Even the small cafe or restaurant is sure to have free Wi-Fi.
7. Travelers taking medications are strongly recommended to take pills with them. It won’t be easy to buy the right medicine in any town in California, as there are no specialized pharmacies there.
Preparing your trip to California: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in California - unique sights
Stairs Half DomeFrom the series “Furious Footways Around the World That Make You Dizzy”
Check on the map: Distance from California center - 108.1 km.Travellers who want to test the strength of the Half-Dome staircase personally should prepare for a long and difficult event. A long transition in the park with a length of more than 13 km is awaiting for them, and then more than 3 km along a difficult mountainous terrain. The final step of the route will be a ladder with a length of about 400 meters. The staircase was designed as far back as 1919 by members of the Sierra Club. It was intended specifically for those who do not have special climbing equipment, but want to enjoy the scenery of the Yosemite Park from a bird's eye view. … Read further
Long Valley CalderaFrom the series “Sleeping Super-Volcanoes Capable of Destroying Whole Regions”
Check on the map: Distance from California center - 114.5 km.The spacious Long Valley is penetrated with a network of hot wells, which activity has drastically increased. All these factors can be a reason of a closest awake of the super volcano. Notwithstanding the dangerousness, the picturesque valley was habited for thousands of years. There were found artefacts of 10 000 years old. Also, the researcher found sites of primitive men. The main find was pikes and tips of spears made from the pitch-stone. In 2000 the whole territory of Long Valley Caldera was turned into a national park. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in California and surroundings
Photos of California
Travelling to California - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in California. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.